Trailer Trash

Have you ever. . . (Read 56 times)

Birdwell

Intentionally mislead someone about the length and/or difficulty of a trail run or hike?

I've been thinking about this a little. I went on a run with a friend that I'd done many times. He hadn't ever done this route. It was a little longer than he was used to running (maybe a mile or two longer). I knew his fitness level was pretty good, and that he wouldn't have any trouble on the route, so when he asked how long it was I was purposefully vague and played dumb.

The run was lots of fun, he didn't have any issues. He still speaks to me. I think that's a win!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Never on purpose...I have taken dgf on a route that was normal for me, but didn't work so well for her...whoops!

**Ask me about streaking**

runtraildc

Yes, especidally with DS.  He took distance very literally, if I said 5 miles, he expected it to be done at 5.0.

Occasional Runner

I do this all the time. People establish false limitations on their running ability so I trick them into running further than they realize they can.

I do this all the time. People establish false limitations on their running ability so I trick them into running further than they realize they can.

I second this.

Only once, and it was more of a towpath than any real trail. The friend I ran with was training for a 10 mile road race and I ended up pushing her about 2 miles past her "planned" mileage for the day, and she was happier for it. I'm pretty harmless otherwise.

Sandy-2

I took my SIL for a "5 mile run" that was really about 7 miles.  He He He.  She was "faux mad" for a little while, but then later thanked me.  Big grin

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

"Oh, it's not that hilly...you'll be fine..."

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

huh?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No because I don't want them to F.U. my run by bitching and moaning it's hard, can we walk the hills...I'd rather do it alone.  Wait I think I voted wrong...that doesn't make me a good friend for telling her it makes me a ..."I don't play well with others."

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

No because I don't want them to F.U. my run by bitching and moaning it's hard, can we walk the hills...I'd rather do it alone.  Wait I think I voted wrong...that doesn't make me a good friend for telling her it makes me a ..."I don't play well with others."

Me either, Sue.

NorthernHarrier

Well I know for certain that I don't play well with others. I quit long ago taking people trail running. When I am alone I am on my agenda--pace, distance, trail options, etc. I have had too many instances of having my runs sabotaged due to one thing or another.