Trailer Trash

Soaking wet Saturdailies (Read 26 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  We are getting some very much needed precip (and very cool temps) across the NW- I'm hoping this is the coup de grace to the many large fires we've got going

If there is a break in the rain (no complaints if there isn't) I'll go for a 5-6-ish run, if not I'll head to the gym (missed my strength workout yesterday)- tomorrow and Monday look very nice, sunny and very cool

qotd: strength train- yes/no?  yes-how often/how long?  body-weight,/weights/ machines/mix?  I strength train twice a week, workouts are ~ 45 minutes- usually a mix of weights and body-weight exercises- all compound movements

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to clean up the garage. Might mow the lawn or I might let it go for DS to do on Monday. Later this evening I'll do a 13-14 mile run on the road. Kind of boring but it does help with training the legs to keep running. Sometime with all the power hiking I end up doing, the legs want a break from running after 2-3 miles. Hopefully DW will ride along with me and keep me company. Makes it go faster.

QOTD:  I hate strength training, yet I feel so much better when I do it, it's easier to keep the weight off and I run better. But for some reason I hate it.  When I do it, it ends up being a mix of body weight, weights and machines.  Maybe someone can tell me how to motivate myself to do it more.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ what helps me is setting (not overly lofty) goals- increasing weight or reps on an exercise; the other thing that helps me is to occasionally mix it up- I like to throw in a crossfit like workout that is for time- again another goal down the road when you do it again trying to reduce that time

last winter I did a 5x5 routine (all simple compound exercises) that started out with light weights, but each workout added a small amount of weight- it was a good way to up the weight and get stronger, eventually I plateaued (and weight was getting high enough I was getting some unwanted pain) and then went back to my normal routine with higher reps.  it was a nice change up, very structured and each workout a new goal to hit- I'll probably do it again this fall/winter

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

8 trail miles with the wife and pups then some circuit training. Nothing intense this week because I'm trying to rest up for Wasatch.

QOTD: I have an elaborate gym in my house, with a wide variety of workout equipment. I use it every other day and I follow my strength training routine religiously. I workout 30-60 minutes, depending on what I'm trying to achieve. I think it's a critical component for my ultra distance training, and I also need to do it to fight off muscle wasting.

moonlightrunner

I ran 10 today. It felt great. Until I stubbed my broken toe on a stump.

I bought some toys. I bought an arm band for my phone...that I decided I don't like and will take back. I also bought a new hand held. A Zephyr Fire 300. It is rechargable and bright. I think it will be awesome.

Qotd: I just ordered the 21 Day Fix that includes strength training. I hope I do it every day. It is a 30 minute work out. I hate everthing but running as far as fitness work outs go.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

Humid and slight drizzle on 8 mile trails run this morning.  Nothing great happened. That is all.

QOTD: No, not since I hurt my shoulder.  Any lifting and I'm in pain for a few days.  Core work, yes.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

9 technical trail miles. I decided to keep the distance low, and upped the intensity. Worked out well today.

Always amazing what 10 degrees less can do for your performance. No rain here, just very hazy.

Found a new song to "play" in my head: imagine the sound of "Walk like an Egyptian", but change the words to "Run like an old lady"... 

Tomorrow, DD and I will be working an aid station at mile 4.7 for the Mt. Nittany Marathon!

QOTD: I only do strength workouts when I feel I need a bit more strength, for many uphills etc., or when preparing for races. Then I do bodyweight workouts, mainly legs and core, some arms (to prevent hard faceplants when falling).

Run for fun.

I just thought that I would check in even though I have not been running.  My knee has been healing.  I decided to lay off of running until it was back to normal.  Not sure what I did to it but the tendons behind the knee have been a mess and I have had some pain in the joint itself.  It is feeling pretty good and I expect to be running again soon.

QOTD: Not lately.  I used to go to the Y regularly, but do not have a gym membership since I moved to Florida.  I do have a D model Concept2 rowing machine and was just given a Nordic Track skier, but I wouldn't call either a strength workout.  I do sometimes use some dumb bells.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

Still in Africa like heat and humidity. Feeling tired and tired of the weather so I did some elliptical and core. Did a little roller stuff too. But having a little time and feeling restless I went out for an hour on the road bike. Much more palatable riding as opposed to running in this weather. Another day of heat tomorrow and then a cool down. Yay!

Signed up for a trail half marathon up in Marquette, Mi. on the !9th. Probably maybe should train this week and then taper.  I haven't run over 10 miles since Devil's Backbone in mid July. Oh well.

QOTD--Yes. 3x per week on average doing free weights and a basic universal I have in the man cave.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Couch bound today....over indulged yesterday.

QOTD:  i started back in May and enjoy it.   I attend a class at lunch where they create around 12 stations where you coukd be using weights or  not.  Then you move to next station every 45 seconds.   Try to go 3 days a week but lunch class only M W F so miss one day more than I like.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

This am...early...ran to gym, ran while at gym, step machine, workout, ran home.  

Then killed myself through yard work...oh my back!

QOTD: See above.  Just started going back to the gym.  Maybe 2-3 times per week.

Have a good night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

20 miles in the rain this morning.  Felt really nice.  Wore my Nathan pack today since I'll need it at UTTMF to carry all of the mandatory 'crap' and I have to get used to it again.  Actually it wasn't bad at all, hardly felt it at all.  I still prefer handhelds though.  BTW, I HATE f'ing mandatory equipment lists.

qotd: no, just some core stuff.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL