Trailer Trash

Sunny Fridaily (Read 17 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Friday and the sun is out.  Rain tomorrow and Sunday, go figure.

SRD today but may walk a bit. Some easy running this weekend planned and if rain is heavy I might brave the dreadmill.  Sole Challenge 24 hr is in 1 week, so trying not to gain 10 pounds this week. Calling for hot weather starting Thursday through Sunday with temps in mid 80's and thunderstorms each day.  The only thing that stops the race is lightning.  If there is any, the race stops and doesn't start until 30 minutes after the last strike.

QOTD:  What is something positive that someone else would say about you? (This is a typical interview question.)  Someone who knows me would say I'm generous (since I volunteer a lot and donate often to good causes).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

I didn't mow the lawn yesterday because I was going to let DS do it on Saturday. Then he tells me he's going to a rock concert in NJ for the weekend and now I see it's going to rain .  Looks like the grass may just have to wait until Monday.  Yesterday's run on the mountain never happened. DS wanted to go to a nice bike ride so we did 22 miles.  Found out I'm faster than the kiddo .

No run today due to being at work.

QOTD: Easy to work with. There are very few people that I've had problems with at work. People that know me really, really well, like DW, would tell you that's because I hide my emotions a little too much.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

What do you mean sunny..it's cloudy and cold here.  It actually hailed as I drove to work.  But I did get up and get 7 miles in with the mutts and only light occasional rain.  Doing Yoga for the first time at lunch today.  It's hot yoga so felt weird packing light clothes and no shoes.

QOTD:  Still going with funny.  I don't think that will get me the job.  Some folks have said I am very smart at understanding people.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I ran 7.6 miles last night and ate a big veggie burrito from Qdoba.  Today is a bike commute to work.  I'm hungry yet again.

QOTD: But I'm so much better at talking about my flaws!    I'm very self-reliant.  I get shit done when it needs to get done.  (Can I use the word 'shit' in an interview?)  I also get along with everyone.  Those surly co-workers who hate everyone and people have trouble getting along with?  They like me and I can work with them just fine.

Running is dumb.

muppy

6.7 hilly road miles last night.

QOTD I would have to say that I have a great work ethic ( since I am my own boss two days a week for landscaping I better!)

Daydreamer1

Those surly co-workers who hate everyone and people have trouble getting along with?  They like me and I can work with them just fine.

Sounds like me.  Do you ever feel like putting up with their shit takes some years off your life?  I know I do.

runtraildc

Hi all!  I did get a run in yesterday-- 4 sluggish miles.  Not one of those memorable runs, but I got it done.  My in-laws are visiting, so more walking today. Maybe a short run again, too.

And Queen, I won't leave. And Mandy, I saw Queen's directive to you to 'post more'.

qotd: I'm calm in a crisis and can get things done when everything/everyone wants to fall into chaos.  And I am willing to take risks (i.e. not a perfectionist and willing to fail).  The risk thing can go both ways in an interview(and life) though.  For those that don't like change or risk, this terrifies them (based on my experience).

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7 last night under a nice moon.  It was one of those runs where I got completely lost in my thoughts and before I realized it I was back to home.  Strange but kinda cool I suppose.  No run today and hopes to get in a couple of good runs over the weekend.

QOTD: Hard worker.  Reliant.  Easy to get along with.  That should get me the job, right?

Have a great weekend everyone!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Love those runs...and than when you thought about it you couldn't remember a thing you thought about. 

7 last night under a nice moon.  It was one of those runs where I got completely lost in my thoughts and before I realized it I was back to home.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

6 miles wed thurs & fri.  Rain  rain   rain..

qotd  closer

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Exactly! I still cannot remember.

Love those runs...and than when you thought about it you couldn't remember a thing you thought about. 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

moonlightrunner

No run today. I've done nothing to very little this week running wise. I had pain in my right foot toward the end of the race that persisted. The paranoid part of me thought it best to let it rest, hoping it is not a stress fracture.

Qotd: I think most would say I am highly motivated to help others. A poster child for the Customer Service industry. I am motivated by people...somewhat of a maverick in my little corner of the IT world. Process..who cares! Let's all just be happy!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I timed my run perfectly, it looked like rain all day, but never rained a drop- until I pulled into the trailhead    about 4.5 miles and a little wet

qotd: "he's a take charge guy"- good when I know what I'm doing, not so good when I don't 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Did the first 20 mi of my b2b this morning. Ran along the flat hike/bike path. A little warmer and more humid today.

qotd: high degree of integrity, reliable and able to get things done w/o a lot of supervision. Works well with others.  By the way, how's the pay around here?

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL