Trailer Trash

An interesting medical bill : ) (Read 56 times)

charlesmoman

I got a bill today and it had the word "giddiness" on it.

Really? I don't recall feeling "giddy" after the wreck!

Too funny! Well . . . to me anyway. 

Giddy?

charlesmoman

A PT friend of mine said "Giddy" is an archaic term for vertigo - which I actually am having a little trouble with!

charlesmoman

And the verdict today at Columbus Out-patient was: BPPV!

Oh no! Will I die soon? Nope.

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo - brought on by the trauma of my accident.
        The impact breaks loose particles that are normally in the wall of the inner ear and they get in the inner ear floaty stuff (my term) and cause the room to spin when I lay down and turn slightly. The OT did a maneuver that helps the particles float back out. The first time she made it happen and did the moves. The second time she did it, it seemed to not happen. I will also do a laymen version at home until we fly to Alaska next week. She thinks I will be symptom free by then. Yeah!

And I had a retirement party to sing at over near Bedford, where I had my accident.

I drove over to the accident scene and filmed approaching it with my iPhone.

Short video: Accident scene

moonlightrunner

I have a friend who had the same vertigo problem. Her doc maneuvered her..and the particles went back in place and she has not had a problem since (3 years or so). Good luck.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k