Trailer Trash

Final 4 Saturdaily (Read 27 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 10 miles in the gusty winds.  Took it nice and easy on a logging road. Spent a lot of time looking up to make sure branches weren't falling towards my brain.  Now I'm going to cross train by tilling up DW's garden.  I had a love-hate relationship with our last tiller and had to buy a new one when it crapped out after 19 years.  Lets hope the new tiller treats me kind.

NH - I had a good friend from Lacrosse, so I had my share of Dogie Old Style beer.  Even filed up a jug at their water tap.

QOTD:  Watching the games or not?

I honor of Mandy and NH, I'm puling for Wisconsin.  Also rooting for Duke.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

Duke...really? Your going on my ignore list.

To to the rest of you sane people, I woke up lazy this morning and took a rest day cause of the cold and the wind.

I just purchased a fresh box of Two Hearted ale to watch Mi State crush Duke later today.

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to go up on the mountain for about 10 miles. Had a good 10 miles yesterday in the rain. It was warm enough that being wet didn't bother me.

QOTD: Won't watch. Basically rooting for ABK (anybody but Kentucky).  Wouldn't mind seeing Wisconsin win it all.

runtraildc

Morning!  Got in 5 windy miles with the running group.  Was really tempted to cut it short for the 3 mile option as my legs felt like lead weights today.  Sluggish legs have been happening more than I like to admit lately.    Now I'll spend a few hours moving mulch.

AT-- I use a 'no Till' approach, mostly out of laziness and a desire to avoid any contact with a tiller.  Good luck and hope this new one is world better.

qotd:  Because of this forum, I am vaguely aware that Wisconsin is involved.  The other three, I have no idea.  So, no, not watching but for those of you that are-- have fun and I hope your team wins!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I've put myself on IR from running for a week due to my foot.  Hey Sue!  Catch up!  Right now I'm just waiting for it to warm up a little before heading out on the bike.

QOTD: Duh.    Oh, I'm kicking anyone out who roots for Kentucky or Duke.  Nice knowing you, AT!

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

What a beautiful day here. Managed 8 miles at a slow relaxed pace out at Donald park. Just perfect. Now I just have to stay busy for awhile as I am already stressing out.

QOTD-Hoping for a Badger-Spartan final.  The conspiracy people are already out saying CBS badly wants a Kintuck-Dook final for ratings so we'll watch the officiating.  But yeah, I'll try to watch unless I'm toooo stressed.  When I was 10-12 years old a buddy and I used to take a bus downtown and sneak into the old field house to watch Badger games. 2 straight final fours, pretty awesome for this old Badger fan. Just hoping for a good game and a win would just be the icing but a loss won't diminish the work of this team over the past two seasons. Go Wisky!

moonlightrunner

Just at the trailhead to head out with The Pointer. I would rather be napping. I needed inspiration.planning 8 today on the bike trail.

Qotd: I don't have tv and I hate basketball. So...that's a big negatory.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

I've put myself on IR from running for a week due to my foot.  Hey Sue!  Catch up!  Right now I'm just waiting for it to warm up a little before heading out on the bike.

QOTD: Duh.    Oh, I'm kicking anyone out who roots for Kentucky or Duke.  Nice knowing you, AT!

NOT, NOT NOT rooting for Kentucky!!!!  I really want Wisconsin to win.  I have way too many friends that are still morning the Packers loss and could use a Badger victory to get them out of their depression..  #1 offense vs. # defense will be interesting.  As far as Duke, it's the lesser of 2 evils, which is still evil.  Not a fan of MSU (or Michigan) due to my days living in Iowa.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well it appears that one of my goals for the year, finishing the Don't Fence Me in 35k in under four hours might actually be doable- ran the course today in 4:02:00, that was with some fiddling and putzing around, so it may just be doable    five weeks to get honed up for the race

I am going to be sore though 

qotd: will watch; I'm rooting for the underdogs- Duke and Kentucky have had plenty of time in the sun, time to let someone else get a few rays

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

Just a simple road 5 for me today.. gosh it was windy out there! At least most of the ground can be seen now, but I expect a rather lengthy drying out period this year.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We walked the dogs this morning 5 miles... Than yard work.

QOTD: not watching but rooting fir Michigan State since my whole family want them to win.

AT and runtraildc:   just read an article that says it's better nit to turn the soil the spongy root like things in the ground help bring water up to your plants.  Of course water may not be an issue where you guys are.

Mandy:  thanks fir the break but I don't want more miles at your expense...get better girl.

Mtwarden:  Nice job on your speedy run.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Another day of skiing in CO with the elder son while the youngest gets ready to compete tomorrow.

My elder son led me down a double black diamond run (I am not a good skier) and I was lucky to survive.

In trail running news, I stopped into Vertical Runner in Breckenridge and checked out trails and such.

QOTD: Not really ... lots going on here in CO

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Badgers are going to get a shot at a championship 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

WOO-HOO!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Little crazy 'round these parts right now!!!!

Running is dumb.