Trailer Trash

Black Fridaily (Read 21 times)

moonlightrunner

Good morning!

I have to work today, and it's not like I am essential. I'm not a first responder nor do I work in retail. I should be shopping!

I will likely run 8 tonight, but my feet hurt from my run last night I am not sure my new shoes are going to work out.

QOTD: do you enjoy shopping on Black Friday? I'm old, I still enjoy shopping for bargains where I can touch what I am buying.especially if it is a bargain.

I hope everyone has a great day!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

I ran a pretty quick 5 this morning. It was 34 degrees. That would have been nice a few weeks back.

QOTD: I don’t like it. But I will shop online.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning Trailers,

getting ready for a few miles in the icy sun. Freezing temperatures here, but it is a wonderful day, no clouds anywhere. I’ll try running up the local signature mountain, it is a route that I don’t usually run on, but is has a nice ascent, and you can choose any distance between 2 and 10+ miles.

Moonlight: Shoes can be a pain. I hope you find your perfect model!

AT: 34 degrees sounds cozy warm here today.

QOTD: I dread Black Friday and the shopping. I usually avoid it altogether.

Run for fun.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice 5 mile run yesterday, in shorts!!!, not very often you can do that here in November 

I’m at work as well; for all practical purposes they should have just shut it down

qotd: I’m much too antisocial to even think about heading out on a day like today; wouldn’t hesitate to purchase something online that was on sale and I needed though

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

11.5 peaceful miles yesterday morning before the sun came up.

QOTD I am at work also, but not doing much. Just playing around getting my snowblowers ready for the winter.  I avoid shopping on Black Friday like the plague.

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out for 5-7 miles. Feeling like a fat fall groundhog that's nice and roly-poly getting ready for hibernation so it's not going to be a real good run.

QOTD:  I hate shopping!!  Both online as well as in the store. That being said if I know exactly what I want I get it online. If I'm not sure I head to the store, just not on black Friday. I hate dealing with people, but I really hate trying to return things that were ordered over the internet even worse.  It seems like lately DW has been returning a lot of stuff to Amazon. She's getting stuff that that isn't what it was supposed to be or is really junky and trashy. That's one of the reasons why I like to see and touch what I'm buying.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Low miles for me this week.  Just trying to survive.

QOTD: I am working today too.  Not sure why.  But even if I was home I would not be shopping.  I hate shopping at any time so BF is not going to ease that any for me.  I cannot stand crowds and really cannot stand stupid people.  So ....

Have a great weekend everyone!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

6 miles in the woods as dark was falling. I was playing that game- 'how far can I go before it gets too dark?' as I left my headlamp at home.

And I made a new friend as I was coming up to the trailhead. He did not care about me one bit. No females around, but he was definitely protecting his territory.

Qotd: No shopping for me, unless you want to count the head of cabbage I ran in to get for part of dinner.

Daydreamer1

And I made a new friend as I was coming up to the trailhead. He did not care about me one bit. No females around, but he was definitely protecting his territory.

Now that's what you call the beauty of  nature.   Elk and moose may be bigger, but in my opinion nothing beats a Whitetail buck for graceful beauty.

Sandy-2

Hiked 20 mi on the Lone Star Trail today. It was a great day with perfect weather,  had a group of 12 people and 3 dogs. Some of the younger kids were dragging at the end, but really not too badly. We’re camping tonight and will do 15 tomorrow, some of the kids will opt out tomorrow though.

Qotd: avoid Black Friday like the plague, see above. @optoutside 🏕

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 5 this morning with Rose...and the dogs.  Then Mike and I went Mt biking 14...this trail is narrow and steep.

Qotd:  I love a deal but no longer have patience to go into stores and wait in long lines.  It's just a bunch if stuff.  That being said my husband has been sitting in the truck, better reception, to bitch at version for at least an hour because they keep giving us prices for unlimited internet, which we buy and then get a billthat is "0nly $10 a month more sir".   Geez if everyone pays $10 more a month that is billions!!! Check your bills... wiat did I answer the qotd? 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄