Trailer Trash

Green Lakes Endurance Runs 50k RR (Read 21 times)

some call me Tim

Green Lakes State Park is an amazing place to visit. I highly recommend it, even if you don't go there to run in the shape of the state of texas for a long time. Clean campground, great cabins with screened porches, open style frisbee golf course, *real* golf course designed by famous guy of the legendary guy famouses, excellent swimming area, cool modern playgrounds, miles of gorgeous hiking paths and just *look* at that water - boat and kayak rental is cheap. Do it!

This race report is brought to you by the Onondaga County(NY) Chamber of Commerce.

MUCH OBLIGED!!

NHLA

Congrats! Great race and RR. That is a beautiful lake. Nice groomed course.

Sandy-2

Congrats again, great job!!!!

I know what you mean when you said "Neglect your nutrition until you hallucinate, fry yourself to a desiccated skeleton in the sun, go out way too fast and then need to grind out miles on legs that explode in fire every step - they'll all punch your ticket."  I sometimes feel in the beginning of a long race that I have to kind of "knock the tar outta my legs" in order to settle down into "ultra business".  Before that happens I feel that I'm too tired too early, but then something happens and your legs get the message to settle down we're in it for the long haul.  Hard to explain.

Thanks for the RR.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Congratulations, again, and I agree what a beautiful lake.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Is that picture of the lake for real? That is really cool.

Congrats! I said it before but I will say it again, that is fast, super fast.  But even better, it sounds like you had a consistent effort.

Thanks for sharing!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Wow, that is some awesome looking lake. Is the water clear or just a turquoise color? There are springs in FL that look like that.. amazing.

Anyway, awesome run even if you didn't give yourself too bad of a beatdown!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

some call me Tim

Thanks everybody! I didn't mention in the report that in pursuit of catharsis I've begun to think what I really need to do is just go longer. It may be a few years yet, but that hundred miler is gonna happen eventually.

Yes, the water really is that color, though it's pretty clear as well. There are 'reefs' and really no shallows at all except the swimming area which I suspect is manmade. It can be tough to capture all of this on camera and a lot of the pics out on the web don't do it justice. Here's a couple I got from a boat the following day, though-

Green Lake 2

Green Lake 3

Daydreamer1

I must still be asleep. I opened up the report and thought it said Beet Beer Runner .  Took me a few minutes to realize what it actually said.

Anyhow, good job.  Sounds like a nice course. I keep wanting to do something smooth that's not on the road so I'll have to keep this one on my radar.  You mix your Tailwind stronger then me. I mix at 200 calories in 24 oz and after awhile I still need some plain water.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice job so fast!!   Sometimes it's best to have a chair crew you versus a family member or friend.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Congrats- hyper speed.  I get excited when I'm near mid-pack

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

some call me Tim

Might as well be Beet Beer- two staples of my diet in one, mmmmm Big grin

I used to mix my Tailwind even stronger in an effort to get all my calories in but even when it's hot I just cannot chug down that much freakin liquid! I would always end up bloated and need to lay off which inevitably lead to bonking from lack of calories. Mixing it up with gels was better... I was sick of the Tailwind by the end, but it wasn't bad. I still may go back to Hammer gel in a flask and straight water and see how it goes- the espresso flavor is pretty good and apple cinnamon is dyno-mite!

I must still be asleep. I opened up the report and thought it said Beet Beer Runner .  Took me a few minutes to realize what it actually said.

Anyhow, good job.  Sounds like a nice course. I keep wanting to do something smooth that's not on the road so I'll have to keep this one on my radar.  You mix your Tailwind stronger then me. I mix at 200 calories in 24 oz and after awhile I still need some plain water.