Trailer Trash

It is Thursday!!! (Read 19 times)

LB2

I ran 2 this morning. It wasn't exactly what I planned, but it was better than nothing.

QOTD: I got nothing.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Late start this morning, after 9 when I woke.

QOTD: I'm waiting for the coffee, so nothing here either.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

dpc3

Slept in, will get in a short run this afternoon while the boy is at soccer practice. I have off tomorrow and looking forward to a 4 hour run, mileage yet to be determined. Whatever I can cover in 4 hours.

QOTD: Coffee brewed here as well. Favorite bean roast? I love dark coffee!

XtremeTaper

8+ miles last night from home up the dirt road to sprogel's run trail, then some more road to the fox run trail, then back home the same way. Ran into a couple of women on the return trip on sprogel's run trail. I went zipping by them just as we hit the trail's namesake creek crossing. I showed off my trail running prowess by hopping gracefully from rock to rock at a nice clip while crossing the mostly dry creek bed. I heard one of them mutter behind me "well this is kind of dangerous". Little does she know what real trails around here are like!

This evening, 7 miles or so over at Green Lane trails. The humidity is coming back but hey it's still summer. Days are feeling much shorter now though. :sad:

QOTD: Not too picky, but favor dark roast.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

QOTD: I like dark roast.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

the hill repeat fairy visited me last night with her baseball bat- quads, hams, calves all beat up, that's good right? 

bike to work, maybe strength train this evening

qotd: espresso- coffee is a last resort   

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

20.1 on a mix of trails yesterday. I ran into an old guy who's dog slipped away into the state game lands. I was looking for her for a while and decided to go look on another section, a few minutes later here comes the puppy running down the trail. She was about a mile away from where she got lost and heading farther into the woods. So I had a puppy to run with for a mile then gave her back to her owner.

QOTD I'm not fussy. I'll drink any kind of coffee, I even drink the coffee that sits in my car overnight and haven't died of food poisoning as the GF says I will.

some call me Tim

No doubt you saved the pooch's life, Muppy!

I will likely run again today with the kids being at my parents', but I was stir crazy last night around 11, so I ran the short home trail loop a bunch of times. And maybe this all had a lot to do with carrying a flashlight in desperate need of battery replacement, but every time I went around the back of that pond all the hairs on the back of my neck would stand up... I refused to cave, thinking eventually I'd get used to it, but it was kind of like an interval workout (KOM'ed myself on my Strava segment by a good minute) and after 4 miles I was still ill at ease and exhausted. Guess I don't do enough night running!

QOTD: Medi-yum

AT-runner

Tim

5 miles on the road.  Was passed by way too many cars and barked at by a huge dog. Now waiting at the hospital for DW to be done with her colonoscopy. Yard work later. Fun day. 

QOTD:  Irish Breakfast Tea or Chai Tea. No coffee for me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Will run after work. Started at 5, but looks like I will need to stay longer, so I'm hoping there will be enough time left before I have to pick up the kids from camp.

XT: Don't push your luck - check yesterday's QOTD thread 

QOTD: I prefer flavored coffee, but if it has to be plain, then a French Roast - with Vanilla flavoring 

AT: I love the Irish breakfast tea, too. Can't understand why people would drink English breakfast blend.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't run.  We are heading to the beach this afternoon for the weekend.  Probably too late for a run.  That's ok my heel is acting up again.

QOTD: I usually do a medium.

Nice job Muppy...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

I feel like a teenager!!!!!  Just got back from the dentist. Teeth cleaned and checked.  And I, the person who always had perfect teeth, but have been suffering a lot of chips lately, was told that as I'm aging my jaw is changing causing my teeth to shift forward affecting my overbite and resulting in chipping.  So do I just get crowns when they get broke down too far?  Temporary fix apparently as the crowns will wear faster and chip. Dentures ??? Absolutely not if I can help it.  So what's the best solution???  How about braces . Dang, that makes me feel just like a teenager. All young and spry with a mouthful of tin .  So I guess we will see how this plays out. It's not an emergency so I'll decide over the next several months.

Oh yea, I have another cavity that needs filled on a molar . No cavities for 30 years, I start flossing and develop two in the past two years. Lesson learned. Don't floss I suppose.

Planning 6-7 miles later today.  Legs are sore and tired. That's what I get for not running much this past month.

Muppy - Nice that you could save the old guy's friend from the foxes and coyotes.

QOTD: Coffee??? Why would anyone drink coffee?

P.S.: I just asked DW that question and she's throwing me out of the house . She's a coffee addict, I can't stand it!!!

Gator eye

Mr Jangles dragged me out of the house this morning for 4. Legs felt heavy but all in all I didn't feel bad.

QOTD: What a bunch of Nancy's- coffee should be strong, hot, and dark with the last drink giving you enough grounds to chew on. Favorite kind is whatever is on sale at the A&P.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

18+ today on the trails at Blue Marsh.  I meant to do the big loop (23 miles) but got a later start than I wanted and was on a time crunch.  It worked out cuz it was 90 and humid.  I was done around 14 and slogged it in.  Felt like a 25-30 mile effort so I will take it.

QOTD: I don't do coffee.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday