Trailer Trash

Sole Challenge 48 Hour RR (Read 23 times)

runMD

Nice job. I talked to Laz and he said you were running really well into the night.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job. I talked to Laz and he said you were running really well into the night.

Laz was there for a while volunteering and for Medical checks. Nice to have an ER doc (with ultra running experience) around when you might need him.  He tried to stop one guy and get him to take a break.  The guy wanted to hit 100  miles and after he did, he fell over at the AS and hit his side pretty good. He was done after that and never saw him on the course again.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

WOW!!!   and so impressed with Jess...109!!!  Took me a while to work up the urge to read a RR about running in circles for 48 hours but it was a good read.  You guys are awesome and you are so lucky to have each other.  I just love your wife! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

WOW!!!   and so impressed with Jess...109!!!  Took me a while to work up the urge to read a RR about running in circles for 48 hours but it was a good read.  You guys are awesome and you are so lucky to have each other.  I just love your wife! 

So do I, she's a keeper.  To think she got into this by being my crew (like Jo does for Kelly). I told her to try it and she was hooked. There was another husband and wife out there running the 24hr and they sound like they have similar rules to running as we do.  1) never run back toward her 2) never ask how you are doing 3) never change my clothes when I get back to the car until she's there etc.

I saw Trailfest wants to do a race in Northern California next year. Run trails along the redwoods. Looks like anther trip, maybe.

runMD

Laz was there for a while volunteering and for Medical checks. Nice to have an ER doc (with ultra running experience) around when you might need him.  He tried to stop one guy and get him to take a break.  The guy wanted to hit 100  miles and after he did, he fell over at the AS and hit his side pretty good. He was done after that and never saw him on the course again.

Was that Nick?

You going to do this again or go back to 24hr next year?

AT-runner

Tim

Was that Nick?

You going to do this again or go back to 24hr next year?

Yes.  He did his first ultra in 1978.

DW says she's doing 24hr next year, but I might do 48hr and give it another shot. I learned a lot and wrote down a lot of things, might be good to see if what I wrote down works.