Trailer Trash

Fridailies (Read 31 times)

Occasional Runner

Kelly, curious on how many beers you had?

I had a warmup beer before the race. During the race, as per the Beer Mile rules, I drank 4 beers. My total time the race was 8:50, which is not a PR. It's not easy drinking 4 beers in that amount of time and tossing a 1 mile run into the mix adds a whole new level of difficulty.

LB2

Good luck at Leadville, Kelly. It looks like the most important part of the event has already been run, and you made the podium. Congratulations.

Also, I think the "warm up beer" is often underrated. I am glad you took advantage of it. I wouldn't expect anything less.

LB2

moonlightrunner

I am jealous of all you racing this weekend! I wish I was racing too....but I have to wait a bit.

Kelly...congrats on the beer mile. I'll bet thw post race beer was exceptionally good.

I don't know yet what my run will consist of today. Still not done moving.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 2.25 last night.  I wanted to just keep running.  It was one of those times when my mind needed it.  But the legs were not having it.

lace - great picture.  It's funny to look at the faces of some of the folks in the background still trying to down their beer.

GL to all this weekend.  Looks like great weather here on the east coast.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Day two of my running streak!  Ran 5.4 this morning with Earl.  Saw my neighbor out there with his dog.  It's always nice to say Hi to someone in the woods.

Sandy:  The finish picture at the Tevis cups was at Fast Fridays...aka the fairgrounds.  One of these days I will meet you there either WS or another Tevis.  There is a Niel Young tribute band in town...want to go but no one to go with  hubby out of town.

Kelly:  I like the picture too...what a bunch of goofballs...Colorado!  We have a beer run tomorrow...maybe I'll go but is an ultra beer run 5Kish. Just curious no weed mile?

Good Luck Couchie, Lace, Jon, DayDreamer, and Gator (wish I was in Marquette...one of these days!)

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Woke up and ran 3.4 miles (new distance PR!!!!!  ) this morning before my eye appointment.  I am so not a morning runner, but it was a damn beautiful morning here.  Now I am sitting at work with my eyes dilated.  Ugh. 

Kelly, a bunch of my Chicago area friends are out in Leadville and they also ran the beer mile.  Funny that you appeared in a bunch of their photos.  They were the ones in the Flatlander Ultra shirts.

Good luck everyone this weekend!  Marie, Kelly, Gator, Jon, Daydreamer...anyone else?

Running is dumb.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Just curious no weed mile?

Now your talking, although I'd probably get stuck at the 1/2 mile aid station eating brownies and chips.

XtremeTaper

No run yet today, but the Lady and I will do our usual jaunt this evening around Coventry Woods. Maybe tack on a few miles since the weather is so cool. Might be shirtless arm panty weather.

Good luck and have fun to all the racers.

Lace, congrats though you look a bit bloated from the beer. Seems to be a big huarache wearing crowd out there.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Sandy:  The finish picture at the Tevis cups was at Fast Fridays...aka the fairgrounds.  One of these days I will meet you there either WS or another Tevis.  There is a Niel Young tribute band in town...want to go but no one to go with  hubby out of town.

QoN:  Yes, the photo is from the Fairgounds.  The actual "official" finish line was a few hundred yards earlier near Overlook Park (skateboarding place), but they have a photo finish line and the final vet check at the Fairgrounds.  There are railroad tracks between the two and for some strange reason they don't want people racing over the tracks...   .

Too bad I'm still not there I'd hang out with you at the show.  Next time I get out that way I'll let you know.

MM: Congrats on the new PR !!!!!

tbd.

LB2

There is a Niel Young tribute band in town...want to go but no one to go with  hubby out of town.

Did I ever tell you about the time I met Neil Young? It was pretty funny. I managed to get back stage by jumping over a barrier at the Superdome during Farm Aid. I ended up in the VIP tent back there, talking and eating with all sorts of people. Then, I stood in line for a bit with people getting Neil to sign autographs. I am not an autograph getter, but I had nothing better to do. I got the table where Young was, and he asked me if I wanted him to sign something. I looked at him and said, "No, I thought you were in line to get my autograph." We shook hands, laughed; I told him I liked his work, and I went on about my business. It was a fun night.

LB2

Watoni

Go Lace, Couch, Gator, Jon, Dreamer!

My friend pointed out Leadville was this weekend and I had flashbacks to last year. A special race indeed, no matter what the IRunFar chatter says

I am slowly coming out of a work coma and might get some exercise today

Occasional Runner

Kelly, a bunch of my Chicago area friends are out in Leadville and they also ran the beer mile.  Funny that you appeared in a bunch of their photos.  They were the ones in the Flatlander Ultra shirts.

Yeah, I saw those folks. I hope they do well.

Occasional Runner

Kelly:  I like the picture too...what a bunch of goofballs...Colorado!  We have a beer run tomorrow...maybe I'll go but is an ultra beer run 5Kish. Just curious no weed mile?

Good Luck Couchie, Lace, Jon, DayDreamer, and Gator (wish I was in Marquette...one of these days!)

My crew plans to do some brownie shopping. This tiny town has 3 weed shops.

Sandy-2

My crew plans to do some brownie shopping. This tiny town has 3 weed shops.

Too bad there's not a Neil Young tribute band out there...  between the altitude, weed shop brownies and NY tunes, you'd really be up in the clouds.  (At least your crew would be anyway... )

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Lucky LB...living up North big names never came to our town.  But I did get tickets to see him in a small auditorium and was so excited until he began playing...it was his shocking pinlk tour...

Sandy:  That sounds like utopia...brownies, beer, trail running, mountians, and Niel Young!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄