Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 22 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning trailers.

After working on laying flooring on Sunday, I woke up yesterday with "drop foot" in my right leg. Looks like I irritated the peroneal nerve that lies just behind the knee. It can happen with kneeling a lot, but it's rare. Can take a day or two up to a few weeks to improve. On prednisone and will have MRI Thursday if not much better.  Great timing for a 24 hr race!  

If I do improve in time, weather looks to be in upper 80's with possible thunderstorms. Warden's weather looks like snow and rain, so Mother Nature, WTF is up with sabotaging our races!

QOTD:  Would you rather run on a very hot day, or a cold snowy one?  I pick the snow, as long as it's not too high above my shoes. I don't do well in the heat.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Morning folks!  A couple of non-running days but lots of walking with the in-laws. And then got some time on the elliptical last night to escape the in-laws for a bit. 

AT- the 24 hours is this weekend, right?  Hopefully you'll fall on the shorter end of the healing spectrum. From the pic you posted, the floor does look really nice!

qotd:  cold snowy day hands down.  I get enough of the hot humid days as it is

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hopefully a run tonight or some gym time.

AT - bummer. Hopefully all better by the weekend.

QOTD: For sure snow and cold.  I am becoming less and less a warm weather runner.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

I'm finally gonna cave in and just do it. Today is do or die, no more procrastinating.  I'm getting rid of my oldest baby........... No, no, not DW or DD .  Finally decided that my Hyundai Elantra with 244k on it is going to the junk yard .  Between tires and other things it needs about $500.00 to pass inspection and it's just not worth it when the engine could blow up in the next week.  Of course scrap prices are down .  One of the tires has a leak so hopefully I won't have to stop too often to pump it up.

Yesterday's run started off well. About 2 miles in I felt a rumbling. Ah, nothing to worry about it's just some of that PA natural gas we have up here . At the 2.5 mile mark it was obvious that it was more than that .  Turn around and slog back home.  There were a couple of decent places to get into the woods out of site of the road but my socks complained they didn't want to be involved with that .   Finally made it home, disaster averted, whew .

After taking the car to the junkyard I'm hoping to get up on the mountain for 11-14 miles depending on time and weather.

QOTD: This is a hard one but right now I'll pick the heat as long as I have access to water.  My feet tend to be bothered by the cold.  But ask me in the middle of the summer and I'll probably have changed my mind.

LB2

I'll probably just run about 4 after work today. I have something going on after work today for about 30 minutes. So, I will have to cut it short.

QOTD: Not much chance of me running in the snow, but I would prefer cold and snowy to hot and muggy any day of the week.

LB2

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I got in around 9.5 miles out at French Creek last night. Pouring rain as we left for the trail head but it had stopped by the time we arrived. The woods was all freshly chilled and sparkling green from the recent shower. About 3 miles in I ran into a mother and daughter out for a hike asking directions back to Shed road. I confirmed for them they were heading the correct way. I suspect they received a nice dousing during their hike.

QOTD: I will choose hot for $1000 Alex.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Umm nothing yet... just felt so good laying in bed.  Will run with the mutts after work.  Then getting ready for 3 days at the beach.  Gym at lunch.

QOTD:  Cold makes it hard to get out the door so I saw heat.  Of course once out the door and a couple of miles in I would prefer cold and snow..how beautiful.

Tim:  Yesterday question was "Any running related bone-head maneuvers?"  I guess laying floor a week before a 24 hour race would be your answer.    I know it's not funny and I hope your back to normal in time for your race.

DD1:  Sorry to hear you need to put your baby down. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Around 6 totaI, I decided to get in alittle heat training on the treadmill this morning. I walked the first mile then started a slow jog. I jogged and walked for about 5.5 miles and had to stop. The heat won.

QOTD: I'll take the cold any day.

LB2

After working on laying flooring on Sunday, I woke up yesterday with "drop foot" in my right leg. Looks like I irritated the peroneal nerve that lies just behind the knee. It can happen with kneeling a lot, but it's rare. Can take a day or two up to a few weeks to improve. On prednisone and will have MRI Thursday if not much better.  Great timing for a 24 hr race!  

In September of 2014, I ran a 50 mile race in preparation for a November 100 mile race. I won't say I ran well for the first 35 miles of the 50, but I was doing okay. By the time I got to mile 35, everyone else had dropped out of the race. I think there were 13 or 14 runners at the start. I must have been running about 4th at that point. Anyway, my back started hurting something fierce, and it hurt all the way to the finish line. I did a lot of walking that last 15 miles, and it took about 4 hours to complete them. From that point forward, my back hurt often. It was killing me at 2 AM on the day of the 100 mile race. It actually woke me up before the alarm. I thought, "My goodness; I don't know how I am going to do this race." Once I stood at the start line, it never bothered me again. That makes no sense to me, but maybe the same thing will happen for you this weekend. Good luck.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Tim:  Yesterday question was "Any running related bone-head maneuvers?"  I guess laying floor a week before a 24 hour race would be your answer.    I know it's not funny and I hope your back to normal in time for your race.

I know, I was too mad and was wallowing in self pity so I couldn't reply yesterday. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

AT: bummer about the foot! Pretty floor...but still!

Dd1: I have a Chevy with 203k. I dread the day it dies! And...such rumblings...part of the reason I switched to trail running. For some reason...using someone's yard seemed...inapproriate!

Gator: it was app hot yesterday...you. Could have heat trained outside. I assume your neck of the woods was as toasty as mine on the western side of michigan.

Not likely a run in my future. Grandson has a severe resistant strep infection and DD had nausea/vomitting/diarrhea. Lots of laundry and sanitizing in my immediate future 😣. I feel doomed!

Qotd: I HATE heat. I am becoming less find of cold but tolerate it better. I will go running in extreme cold...not so with heat. And I hear the summer will be HOT here

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

AT, sorry to hit a little too close to home with yesterday's qotd.  I guess misery (and bone-headedness) loves company and I'm glad I'm not the only one.     Sorry to hear about the knee and I hope it heals up quickly, I had a similar experience as LB2 so let's hope the same thing goes with you.   My foot issue is almost gone by the way.

I haven't run in 2 days due to my little foot issue, but also really because I have had a crazy-busy few days at work.  Lots of web-meetings long into the night and then going into the office and having a few other web-meetings with other offices in Asia.  I tried to reschedule some of them, but it just kinda worked out to be a crazy week. I have a business dinner after work tonight so I can't run later today either.

qotd: cold and snowy any day !!!!

tbd.

NHLA

2 a day. 6 miles this morn and 5.5 miles group run tonight.

qotd   I'm OK from 27 to 90 degrees