Trailer Trash

Finally Friday (Read 37 times)

Birdwell

Morning folks!

got in a little over two miles at a "brisk" walking pace. Got my bags packed and all ready to head out to moab a little later this morning for the Red Hot 55K.

Plans for it changed a little bit yesterday, our youngest DD spent most of the day and night puking, so I'll be going solo in Moab.

(I almost feel bad for saying this, but it will be a little easier without them) hopefully there will be a good cheering section at the finish line to make up for it.

Met with the sport med doc yesterday, and now I have a PT appointment for my knee pain. Good news is that he thinks it's form related, and should ease up with some specific strength training.

QOTD: do you care about you appearance (I.e., coordinating shoes and shirt, race specific tee, etc.) when running or racing?

i keep telling myself that as soon as I care how I look out there, I need to stop, because I'll have lost focus on why I run.

Having said that, I was getting myself all worked up this week, looking for a new go to running shirt for my race. Reason being, my current go to is a (gasp) half marathon shirt, and "etiquette" says you can't wear anything less than a full marathon shirt to an ultra. I finally looked at myself in the mirror and said "WHo cares what anyone thinks!"

so I will be racing my 55K, proudly wearing a shirt from the Cedar City Half Marathon.

Occasional Runner

Heading out to the Moab course in a few minutes for a little run. It's a beautiful morning for it.

QOTD: I don't get to choose what I wear anymore, so it's not an issue. Before that though, I focused more on comfort.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Morning Birdwell - good luck this weekend! Good luck lace as well (and to anyone else at Moab) - how many RA, RW, FB folks will be there? Looks like a ton.

Nothing for me today.  I am still dealing with feet issues although I am comfortable with how things are going with that - enough to keep increasing my LR.  But now I am dealing with some tendonitis in my right knee (from last year) flaring up again. So frustrating.  I will still try and get my LR in tomorrow and then re-evaluate.  But some time off might be warranted yet again.  Cry

QOTD: No not at all.  I am with you birdewell - if I really care about how I look or coordinating, something is wrong.

Have a great day and weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning all!

cross training day for me.  I have weights at the gym planned for later.  Then a bunch of boys will descend on our house for a sleepover with oldest DS.

Birdwell & Lace-- good luck at Moab this weekend!

qotd:  No, and yes.  Comfort is first and foremost, but I will admit to getting a bit excited about new running gear.

Wandering Wally

Birdwell & lace_up - Hope you have a great time at Moab.

62 minutes for me last night.  Just enough to make room for last evening's steak and ice cream Smile.  Resting today.

QOTD - No.  I don't care what I look like.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

About to get out for some trail miles on the hills. There should still be some snow out there, and it might be icy, so I am not sure how long the run will be. Tonight we will go to MD to visit my in-laws (three birthday parties coming up, one is FIL's 80th!), and as things are planned, it doesn't look as if I will be able to get much running in over the weekend. Sigh.

Birdwell: Good luck for Moab, and safe travels!

lace: Good luck, too, and have a fun scout run on the course!

Jamie: Hope your legs and feet will stop complaining soon. Have a fun long run!

traildc: Good luck with the boys' sleepover! Hope your house will still be standing by tomorrow morning!

smith: Nice run. Enjoy the rest today!

QOTD: No, I focus on functionality of my clothes. When I buy new running gear, I always make sure it matches something and fits into the general style and color scheme, but when I pick out the clothes for a run, I don't care about the colors, or if things match. I just choose what I think will work best for the occasion. Big grin

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

TGIF.  SRD for me today.  Good luck to all weekend racers out there.  Looks like we'll get some good RR's from Red Hot 55k.

QOTD:  Comfort is everything.    I wear the same Under Armour 2003 Baltimore Marathon shirt (any time it's clean) because it's so darn comfortable.  I have 2 colors for all of my shorts and tights, black and black  Wink.   If it's a red or orange shirt or jacket I'll wear it, for the hunters and not me.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

birdwell and lace_up- best of luck to you this weekend!  after much blog reading, I'm going to try and make it next year- looks like a dandy Smile

strength training on tap today- going to steal a portion out of the crossfit "linda" workout and try a bench routine that uses your bodyweight on the bar w/ a descending rep 10,9,8........,1

my last weight workout I squatted w/ weight and have suffered for almost a week- the pain felt very deep- almost to the bone, if I didn't know better almost feels like a stress fracture in my femur Shocked, needless to say I'm cutting them out of my workout; bodyweight squats will often leave me feeling muscle sore, but never hurt

qotd: my running bits purchases are based on function, but when there are choices in colors/styles- I'll choose ones that look good vs bad Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I had a really nice 4.1 this morning, negative split the uphill back to the house from the park. It felt good to dig a little bit going up.

QOTD: Not really. I think everyone looks cooler and more prepared than me. I try to make sure that what I am wearing is going to do what I need it to do. I rarely match. When I run, it is my time to just focus on one thing, running. When I see people, especially at races, who are totally color coordinated I always think that maybe they haven't focused on the important stuff. I do like to get new running gear though, but I don't consider whether it will match a certain pair of shorts or shirt, etc. Of course, most of my shorts are black or gray.

LB2

mecrowe

Computer Geek

9 miles for me last night.....including some good hill repeats in the middle.  resting today.

Good luck to all the Moab runners this weekend....and to all the other racers this weekend as well.

qotd:   all my shorts are black or dark gray......most of my shirts are primarily solid colors....my socks are all black.....i don't worry about coordinating shoes.......so I'm good.  Smile

Morning all -

Rest day for me today in preparation for an 18 miler tomorrow. Went out and karaoke'd hard for Valentine's Day so a rest day is definitely appreciated.

Good luck at Red Hot, lace and birdwell!

QOTD - I go for comfort too, though a lot of my comfortable clothes also happen to be cute. I don't necessarily try to match tops/bottoms either. Whatever is clean is what I wear.

Good morning,

Probably will get in another 3-4 easy miles today.  I have the day off, so I'm also hoping to tackle my mess of an office.

qotd: You're asking the woman who specifically ordered gaiters to match her skirt?  Big grin  (That said, I also make sure I'm comfortable).

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ nicely matching! Big grin  dirty girl gaiters?

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

The pooch and I had a nice 8 mile trail run. It was about 32F and clear when we arrived at the trail head.

QOTD: If it isn't comfortable I don't own it.  I will grab stuff that matches if it is clean and doesn't require digging to find, but if I wind up with an outfit that doesn't match I am not inclined to worry about it. 

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

^ nicely matching! Big grin  dirty girl gaiters?

But of course!  The shirt is a race shirt, but I like the fact it matches too Wink