Trailer Trash

Monday Morning Daily (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

No run yet today, and am not sure it is going to happen. Wasn't a planned rest day, but after claiming my foot 'healed' and mostly pain free, something has shifted and for no apparent reason, it's tender and sore, with occasional jolts of pain.  I have a previously scheduled appointment tomorrow so we'll see.

qotd: Nothing big, but I did try to run without socks once, after forgetting to pack them on a work trip. Made it less than 1/2 mile before the blisters started to form.  To this day, the idea of running without socks makes me cringe a little.  Unpleasant feeling and unpleasant (though minor) results.

Sandy-2

Back in the US of A !!!  Yay.  Did 5 mi near the hotel this morning, found a new trail into a swampy area, it was really muggy but fun as well.    I have to admit I was a little worried about snakes running through that area though, but didn't see any. I plan to do more of the same trail tomorrow.

Funny thing, while running along the road on the way back to the hotel I saw a baby rattler, got a stick and helped it get off into the woods.

qotd:  I forgot to pack running shorts for one of my "destination runs" (Leadville actually), so I dropped by something like Dick's Sporting Goods, and picked up a few pair.  Major problem avoided I guess.

tbd.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hoping for a run after sunset. If I time it right, I'll be able to just come home, shower and fall asleep, which sounds just right.

DD1: I worked 50 hours last week, so I feel for you!

darg: nice win, and sounds like a fun race!

traildc and Jamie: hope your legs get better!

Sandy: Enjoy!

QOTD: before my first 100-miler  I bought new capris to change into late into the race to avoid chafing on the upper inner thighs (my running shorts were all just 3" inseam, and I did not want to run in those longer "man" shorts). I tried out the capris on a 5-mile run and found they were good. Hot looking, really tight around the behind, that would make me look really sexy on those strenuous late miles, when everyone else would just miserably slog it in. I, on the other hand, would be running like a gazelle.

As expected, the short shorts didn't prevent chafing on those upper thighs, so around mile 62, after dark, I happily changed into the capris.

In the next 10 hours, I learned 3 things:

1. A piece of clothing that feels alright at mile 5 might not

feel so good at mile 25 any more. Especially pants that fit tight around the behind.

2. Chafing on your upper inner thighs is bad, but there are places that feel much worse when chafed.

3. Nobody looks sexy like a gazelle after running 100 miles, especially not runners who are chafed in private places.

Run for fun.