Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 32 times)

The pooch and I had yet another nice 4 mile run in the warmish drizzle. There are signs of things just beginning to "green up". The trees will have leaves soon. On the down side, my seasonal allergies are kicking in.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

some strength training and a 1/2 hour on the stationary bike this evening; slowly able to put more weight on my heel- not enough that I can hike yet though

qotd: is there one particular race/event/trip that you're most looking forward to this summer?

I've got several events (and trips) I'm looking forward to, but probably the one that rise to the top is the Devil's Backbone 50 (along the Gallatin range)- got aced out of it last year- hopefully will get to run it this year

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning and will have no time to get a run in later.  SRD for me.  Flying to D.C. tonight, I'll run along the river up there tomorrow morning before my meeting.

Gotta get back on the horse, Bighorn is out there.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

I'll run up on the hunting lease after work and before my 7PM meeting.

QOTD: No summer trips I am excited about with regards to running, but I will be excited pretty soon about my fall trip back to Alabama to tackle the Pinhoti 100.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Doing a double today. I did a 6 mile trail run this morning while Jo was at the gym. I'm going to take her on a trail in a while that she's never seen.

QOTD: I'm excited to go back to South Africa for Comrades Marathon.

Gator eye

Hit the muddy and soggy dirt roads for 7 this morning.

QOTD: Doing the Marquette trail 50m in August, looking forward to the views of Lake Superior.

Chnaiur

I've got several events (and trips) I'm looking forward to, but probably the one that rise to the top is the Devil's Backbone 50 (along the Gallatin range)- got aced out of it last year- hopefully will get to run it this year

Wow - that run sounds fantastic! A few years ago we rented a log house by the Gallatin river, and I got a fantastic run in the mountains there. I will never forget the smell of all that dried sage.

I'm doing five miles today. It will be around 75F, so very pleasant.

QOTD: I have too many things going on right now to want to think ahead for running. If I feel good and uninjured, I'll grab some local races with short notice.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Ran about 4 last night, will probably do the same tonight. I'd like to get more consistent with training runs again, although racing every weekend is causing me to rest more than usual.

QOTD: Nothing too big this summer, but really looking forward to my wedding and honeymoon Spain this September.

QOTD: Mine isn't running related, but is trail related.  It is my upcoming mountain bike tour of Idaho hot springs via dirt roads and trails.  I look forward to the great scenery, the riding, the hot springs, the camping, and the fly fishing.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out on the dirt roads around the house. I wanted to go up on the Mountain for a all trail run but don't have the time.

QOTD: Vacation the end of May. Going to Texas then the Grand Canyon. Hope to run down to the river and back while there. From there we will swing over into Nevada and up to Coeur d'Alene Idaho. Hope to have a brief stop in Yellowstone on the way home. About 3 weeks and >7000 miles driving. Should be a good trip.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all!

I didn't end up running yesterday, but did hop on the bike/rollers for 30 mins...I think I set a new "distance" PR for 30 mins.  My legs feel good.  The plan for today is 6-8 miles around the neighborhood.  I'm going to try to sneak in a longer trail run on thursday.

QOTD: Manitou's Revenge.  Excited and nervous.  It should be a good test.

**Ask me about streaking**

Low_O2

Hello all!

Haven't been posting much lately, but still lurking in the shadows trying to keep up with what's happening around here.

3.4 miles around the hood with the dog last night. Tapering down for my race this weekend. Not sure how it's going to go, but I'm excited to race again. Training was going really well, but have been sick twice in the past month so my running has suffered badly.

QOTD: It's going to be a busy summer for us; races, vacation and a move to Arizona. Most excited about our trip to Alaska, hoping to get in some runs while we're there and avoid being eaten by a bear.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Went out for a walk and test run this morning, got about a mile pain free then stopped

before the calf started talking back.

QOTD: No big summer plans yet, got a few spring races planned as soon as I can run again.

I won't link it (due to it's graphic nature) but there is video circulating of the Zion 100 with our

own Mr. _up dancing, or at least that's what it looks like he's doing.

AT-runner

Tim

Windy run in the woods.  Think it was around 8 miles or so.  Creeks were way up, and I had to get creative with one particular creek crossing (think pole vault.)  It was too early and too cold for soaked shoes, so managed to vault my way across a 7' to 8' crossing.  Would have been a sight if branch had snapped.

QOTD:  Really excited about this 5 kilometer run that takes place on an oval 1/4 mile track.  They said there will be 2 aid stations so I don't think I'll need a crew.   Besides that, I have a 24 hour race in a few weeks.  Also always look forward to labor pains 12 hour race in September.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

QOTD:  Really excited about this 5 kilometer run that takes place on an oval 1/4 mile track.  They said there will be 2 aid stations so I don't think I'll need a crew.   

Be careful out there without a crew. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten lost on a 1/4 mile oval track. I think it is the shape that gets me confused. Why can't they just make them round!?! I am sure it will be an epic adventure with only two aid stations.

LB2