Trailer Trash

Don't Get Shot Mondaily (Read 19 times)

GC100k

There is a gun range right next to the AT somewhere between Mechanicsburg and Boiling Springs.  It freaked me out the first time I was hiking on that part of the trail and then realized the range was pointing in another direction...I think

Ya, that's the section that is 10 minutes from my house that I run regularly. It does make you nervous. That's not where I was yesterday. I've been hearing infrequent shots like hunters out there rather than the regular shots like a shooting range.

Saturday I ran by a field where three guys were standing in the middle of about 50 canadian goose decoys, so maybe I've been hearing goose hunters, although they weren't supposed to hunt yesterday either. Hunting geese doesn't seem too challenging. You could hunt them with a baseball bat. They're not that elusive.

I'd recognize the distinctive "pop" of muzzle loaders. Used to hear that a lot in Arkansas during certain parts of the year. I did wear orange there for the trails.

One time I did come across a guy walking along the AT with a rifle out. Are guns allowed on the trail?

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this am but did go to the gym...thanksgiving has made me fatter than ever soo I need to do something...but first I have to finish eating all the leftovers.

QOTD:  I'm good...I run on private property.  There is a trail you will hear guns on but I never worried as I felt the hunters knew this busy trail was close by; but than again I may just be stupid!.. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Where do live at? I was not aware you were another PA runner?

Ya, that's the section that is 10 minutes from my house that I run regularly. It does make you nervous. That's not where I was yesterday. I've been hearing infrequent shots like hunters out there rather than the regular shots like a shooting range.

Saturday I ran by a field where three guys were standing in the middle of about 50 canadian goose decoys, so maybe I've been hearing goose hunters, although they weren't supposed to hunt yesterday either. Hunting geese doesn't seem too challenging. You could hunt them with a baseball bat. They're not that elusive.

I'd recognize the distinctive "pop" of muzzle loaders. Used to hear that a lot in Arkansas during certain parts of the year. I did wear orange there for the trails.

One time I did come across a guy walking along the AT with a rifle out. Are guns allowed on the trail?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday