Trailer Trash

hey lace_up, LT 1xx-ers (Read 64 times)

Will run for scenery.

I mentioned last year at RWOL that before I started trail running I did some trail building around Winfield, and found out later that the trail was part of the "new improved" LT100 course that everyone seems to love.

Well I just spent last week at Winfield on another trail crew. The new trail won't open officially until Sep., but if you're feeling extra peppy when you hit 390A (the back road into Winfield) you can keep going straight and run 3-ish miles of fresh trail along the south fork of Clear Creek.  Maybe next year they'll make it part of the race. Wink

Good luck this weekend !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Occasional Runner

I mentioned last year at RWOL that before I started trail running I did some trail building around Winfield, and found out later that the trail was part of the "new improved" LT100 course that everyone seems to love.

Well I just spent last week at Winfield on another trail crew. The new trail won't open officially until Sep., but if you're feeling extra peppy when you hit 390A (the back road into Winfield) you can keep going straight and run 3-ish miles of fresh trail along the south fork of Clear Creek.  Maybe next year they'll make it part of the race. Wink

Good luck this weekend !

First off, I don't know what RWOL is.

Secondly, the new trail from the 2012 race was a disaster. The trail was great, but it added distance and difficulty that nobody anticipated.

I got an email from the LT100 staff about 3 months ago that announced they would abandon the 2012 trail revision and we would be running on a new trail in 2013 that took us directly into Winfield. I don't know if this is your trail or not, but if I have to run the 2012 trail again, I'm going to be less than enthused.

I wish they had just left it alone. The complaint was that running into Winfield on the dirt road was a problem because of traffic and dust. I never understood that and didn't see it as an issue. But whatever....I just follow ribbon.

Will run for scenery.

RWOL = Runners World OnLine, aka "the old forum".  I remember you (pretty sure it was you ....) talking about the Winfield "improvement" to the LT100 course last year and how much everyone hated it.  So yeah, I was being a little ironic.

The work I did isn't connected to the LT100 people in any way, just building trail for whoever wants to use it (re-route of the Continental Divide Trail, getting it off of roads as much as possible.)

It just struck me that such a tiny stretch of trail I happened to be involved with before I ever began running turned out to be such a big deal - kind of a "small world" moment.

Anyway, I hope the race folks come up with a solution that makes the runners happy.  And again, good luck !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Occasional Runner

RWOL = Runners World OnLine, aka "the old forum".  I remember you (pretty sure it was you ....) talking about the Winfield "improvement" to the LT100 course last year and how much everyone hated it.  So yeah, I was being a little ironic.

The work I did isn't connected to the LT100 people in any way, just building trail for whoever wants to use it (re-route of the Continental Divide Trail, getting it off of roads as much as possible.)

It just struck me that such a tiny stretch of trail I happened to be involved with before I ever began running turned out to be such a big deal - kind of a "small world" moment.

Anyway, I hope the race folks come up with a solution that makes the runners happy.  And again, good luck !

Your sarcasm and my sarcasm were like two ships passing in the night.

I might drive out there tomorrow and look at the trail. I really don't know what's happening out there this year. They may have it marked already.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Your sarcasm and my sarcasm were like two ships passing in the night

Big grin where's the laughing clown?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

I guess that you found that we will be running the same trail as last year that parallels the road, only we are going to turn straight down to Windfield instead of running past it for a few miles.

That's the good news, the bad news is that it's going to be a steeper climb right out of Windfield. Wink

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Occasional Runner

I guess that you found that we will be running the same trail as last year that parallels the road, only we are going to turn straight down to Windfield instead of running past it for a few miles.

That's the good news, the bad news is that it's going to be a steeper climb right out of Windfield. Wink

I saw the map. I'm planning to go out there on Thursday to check it out if you want to tag along.

Sandy-2

I'm going to check in on Thursday and then my son and I  will do some sightseeing.  But let me know when you are going.  Thanks.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL