Trailer Trash

Windy Wednesdaily (Read 22 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Another windy day here, wind sucks!  Hoping to get in 5-ish after work

qotd: smart phone, old phone, no phone?  I finally joined the 21st century last year and got a smart phone, now I wonder how I did without it

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

Serious thunder and lightening this morning so no outside running, then I fell asleep as I was thinking about running on the treadmill. Maybe if I'm feelin good I'll try for 6 after work.

QOTD: smart phone

Daydreamer1

Had  a pretty decent run yesterday. 11.5 miles and the last almost 3 miles is on a dirt road with about 2 miles of that being downhill. When I got to the downhill portion I really opened it up and was probably hitting 7 minute miles or less, which is blazing fast for me. Today my ankles are sore .  Looks like I have to do that a little more often. No pain, no gain.

Spending the day at work for 24 hours. Maybe I'll have enough time for some walking lunges.

QOTD:  Smart Phone. Wish I could just have a basic dumb, flip phone. The problem is I use too many of the smart features.  I have apps for treatment protocols and drug calculations on it in addition to using it to look up medication dosages etc.  Also use the mapping program quite a bit.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I should mention the sole reason I purchased a smart phone (iPhone 6) was the mapping software-Gaia; it turns your smart phone into a mappable GPS. No cell phone coverage needed (actually turn mine to airplane mode to preserve battery life). Instead of carrying a GPS and camera, my iPhone does it all. The software also lets you do tracks, put routes in, etc.  Good stuff

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Nice day here. I'll get in 5 or 6 later. I think we will hit the trails of Warwick Park. I haven't been there for a while. Noontime I did my strength routine at the planet of fitness and followed that up with a hot dog and whopper from Burger King... $2 whopper day. I should have started the whopper Wednesday thread! Oh, 7 last night on my regular route at Coventry Woods. Close to tempo effort but not quite.

QOTD: Flip phone. I like it as it makes phone calls, and I don't stare at it all day. Plus it does not make pocket calls. My wife has a smart phone if I need on while travelling.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I'll get around 6 after work. I am doing something I normally don't do: Wasting time looking at turkeys I don't have permission to hunt. I could probably get permission to go there, but I'll check them out first.

QOTD: I have a smart phone with a learning disability.

LB2

NHLA

6 miles. Starting to get warm here.

qotd  smart phone

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Working on my hill running (or walking as the case may be) - up and down Mt Joy until I got in 5 miles.

QOTD: old phone, but I really need to upgrade to a smart phone.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Yesterday was a total wash.  I hope to get in something tonight but we'll see.

XT - Whopper Wednesday huh? Sounds like Taco Tuesday.

QOTD: Funny you asked this Warden.  I just got my first ever smart phone a few months ago.  I felt I had no need for it but when I realized I was paying the same before for limited minutes, texts, etc. on my dumb phone, I upgraded now with the unlimited stuff (except data of course).  I am still behind the times though because I am only at an iphone 4.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

I should mention the sole reason I purchased a smart phone (iPhone 6) was the mapping software-Gaia; it turns your smart phone into a mappable GPS. No cell phone coverage needed (actually turn mine to airplane mode to preserve battery life). Instead of carrying a GPS and camera, my iPhone does it all. The software also lets you do tracks, put routes in, etc.  Good stuff

Thanks for mentioning this. I'll have to look up that software. Been wishing for something like that.

Sandy-2

Late-night web conference with the U.S. last night, so this morning I slept in and took a SRD. Now I'm on the bullet train headed for Fukuoka (sorry for the language Queen!!!). Last yard visit this afternoon, then I take the quick hop from Fukuoka to Busan tomorrow (Fri).

Qotd: I have 2 smart phones, a 5s and a 6. I still don't use either to their fullest.  MT, do you use the Gaia GPS app?

tbd.

bagge_pants

2.5 mile recovery jog and a swim and a foam roll

QOTD: smart phone, sometimes I think about reverting back to a dumb phone but then I start looking up directions for somewhere or reply to an email and I realize the smartphone is pretty essential