Trailer Trash

Sunday..first day of the week and the month if June. (Read 34 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Getting ready to head up the road for some running with the group on a new trail.  I was told 5 to 6 hours so with this group maybe 20 some miles.

Qotd:  This guy at worked mentioned my "jogging". I reminded him I was a "runner". He said running is 8  min or less miles, do I run?  i said know but just found using the term "jogging" for what I do.  My boss who is also a runner agreed it was insulting.   What do you guys think..jogger or runner?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Morning, all!  Got in a measly 4.5 miles yesterday and figuring out what today will bring.  The 'jog' didn't feel very good, but I had a lot of fun with DS alongside me on my husband's motorized mountainboard (think big skateboard with heavy tires)  Technically, it can go a lot faster than I can run, but DS was having to work  with the rough pavement and the twists and turns of the trail.  We were a good match for the day.

QOTD:  Queen, I suspect this coworker is neither a runner or a jogger.   I'm a runner, but by his narrow definition, I'm a 'jogger'.  I do agree that it is an insulting term, and come to think of it, you don't hear it used very often any longer.  Wasn't 'jogging' part of the growing fitness craze of the 80's?, alongside 'aerobics'?

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning, cougars.

I did 14 trail miles yesterday, I was reminded how important it is to add hillwork to my

training. Last weekend I ran hills in NY, on Sunday I ran up and down Mt Beacon twice, it

wasn't a long run but it was steep. I spent the next 4 days running, but sore. Yesterday, I

didn't feel the normal fatigue I feel around the 12 miles mark, I ran 14 miles no problem.

I know the training effect of vertical helps delay fatigue for long runs, now I just have to

find a local hill to work on.

QOTD: Last week I was finishing a run and passed by a woman smoking a butt, she said "nice

morning for a jog, eh?". Sometimes you just gotta consider the source. I'm a runner, but I don't

really give a fuck what other people call me.

AT-runner

Tim

Got up early for 5 road miles.  Now heading to DC where we are parking out car off the C&O canal and riding bikes into see the Nationals play the Rangers.

QOTD : Usually from someone who does't run, and usually the same person who will say "my son's girlfriend runs 5k marathons too".

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

The pooch and I had a nice 4 mile trail jog Smile

QOTD:  Yes I find it offensive when it is intended that way and consider the source when it isn't.  I may or may not correct someone when they apply the term jog to what I do.

Websters says that to run is "to go faster than a walk; specifically :  to go steadily by springing steps so that both feet leave the ground for an instant in each step".

I think that is the best measure of whether it is running.

Oh and I have probably never run by Queen's co workers definition, and don't care.  The guy sounds like a jerk.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

Running is an activity...and to me a state of mind. Jogging is simply an exercise you do for a purpose ( staying in shape, wearing a "jogging suit").  Running is something done out of the joy of doing it. I always correct those who refer to me as a "jogger". I believe it has nothing to do with speed.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

muppy

Morning, cougars.

Well played sir, well played!

Will get 5 or 6 trail miles.

AT runner, it's a beautiful day for a game, have fun!

QOTD I was always told that anything over a 10:00 mile is jogging, so I'm not sure what that makes me?

On the other hand Hersheypark is having two 5K color run marathons this weekend, 20,000 people racing all out! Saw it on the news and looked like everyone was walking, must have been a cool down lap? At least they are getting off the couch and doing something.

runtraildc

Well played sir, well played!

QOTD I was always told that anything over a 10:00 mile is jogging, so I'm not sure what that makes me?

On the other hand Hersheypark is having two 5K color run marathons this weekend, 20,000 people racing all out! Saw it on the news and looked like everyone was walking, must have been a cool down lap? At least they are getting off the couch and doing something.

Hershey must be having a big weekend.   older DS was there yesterday for the music competition.  He said he didn't see any joggers, so that must be today's event.   Hope you can stay out of the fray, Muppy.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all.  Happy to report I survived my long run yesterday- just shy of 14 miles.  Heel was definitely sore afterwards, but not terribly so.  Feels better this morning, depending on how it feels later (have a "honey do" list I have to attend to) I'll either get in a 5-6 mile run or get on the mtn bike.

qotd: Queen- who is this guy and do you want him "taken care of" Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

moonlightrunner

Looks like Lace finished his little "jog" today.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Another 20 miles, another B2B 20 jog done today.

qotd: QoN, the guy sound like an ass. Maybe he'd like to join me in 3 weeks for my 100 mile jog.  To me jogging isn't defined by pace, joggers are those people who wear coordinated shirt/pant outfits made out of velvet.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Recovering from yesterday's race.

QOTD: That guy might be surprised to learn that Lydiard used to send his world class runners and Olympic medalists out for a "jog" on a regular basis. Whether it's insulting or not is contextual and also dependent on the source. For the most part I don't mind being referred to as a jogger by non-runners. I used to jog at an 8 minute pace; now I race the mile at that same pace.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning Trailers!

Yesterdays 24.5 was very nice and I feel pretty good today.  I'll probably do some 'jogging' with SO later today (after she is done practicing whistling) and I'm thinking I'd like to get a nice bike ride in as well.

QOTD: Jogging sounds manageable, like something you could do if you weren't in shape...I think that's why the uninitiated call it that.  If you put the work in, you know that it's running regardless of pace.  As with any words, you must consider the intent behind them...I don't consider the word "jogging" to have an intrinsically negative connotation, but it certainly can be used as a way of diminishing achievement...you must consider intent!

**Ask me about streaking**

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I struggled through 14 miles on the trails, 68 degrees, 73% humidity and dew point at 60. I swear I hate having to acclimate to hot, humid weather  but most of all I'm just not feeling it lately. I was ready to quit at 10, but pushed it to 14.

I left Rocky at home this time, hell I now that as bad as I was struggling he would have been dying.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarkO1969

8 hilly road miles for me this morning.  This is my current "long run" distance as I'm building mileage back after a few months of down time before we moved to California in April.  Although, at my pace, "long jog" might be the more correct term.

QOTD:  I consider all of us in these threads to be Runners as it's obviously more than just a casual activity for us.  Like jonferg and others mentioned above, I try to consider the source when I hear the term 'jogging.'  I might think the person is a bit uninformed/ignorant for using that term towards me, but I don't waste my time correcting them as I'm sure they really don't give a shit.

Mark O.

Rocklin, CA