Trailer Trash

Fridaily! (Read 22 times)

Occasional Runner

Good morning Trail Peeps!

Just came in from a trail run with the puppy. Perfect running weather this morning.

Jo and I are volunteering at the TNF50 in Park City tomorrow. I hope to grab some miles on the trail while I'm there. Should be a fun day.

QOTD: Do you recycle in your household?

We try really hard to recycle everything. Our town stopped glass recycling so now I buy beer in cans as much as possible so I can reduce my waste. That really annoys me. We also compost as much as we can. It's all a giant pain in the ass but I think it's worth the effort.

NorthernHarrier

Heading north later today. Hopefully another weekend of multi-tasking. Packing a little more warmer clothing as it looks to be quite a contrast weatherwise to last weekend. Still should be good.  Just a workout in the man cave this morning. Plan on a somewhat longer run tomorrow.

QOTD- Yes.

LB2

I'll do something tonight. I am just not sure what. It is really cooling down here now. It should be in the mid to upper 40's on Sunday morning. Maybe all this heat running will pay off now.

QOTD: No. We don't have a recycling program in the parish/county.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

have a 1" of snow on the ground and a balmy 26 degrees Big grin  will be bundling up good for my bike to work!  strength training this evening, it is supposed to warm into the 60's today and tomorrow- so my long run plans are intact

qotd: yup, the city has a pretty god recycle program- glass, aluminum, steel, cardboard and #1 & #2 plastics- learned that many plastics are #3-5 which we have to pitch Sad  it is a bit of pain sorting everything, but well worth it imo

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Resting today.  Some long runs planned for our wet weekend.  I'll get some cross training in as I picked up 2 tons of wood pellets that now have to be moved to back garage for storage.  100 bags at 40 pounds each, and DC lives in Portland now, so I can't shame him into helping.

Have a great weekend and good luck to all the racers, pacers and volunteers this weekend.

QOTD: Yes.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

I am not sure if I will run today. It is my grand daughter's birthday today...turning 1 year old.

Last night I did 14. First part was 8 on horse trails, then 6 on the adjoining MTB trail. It was refreshing to be on the MTB trail...it is hard packed and technical...but I can run faster on it than the horse trails. Then...it got dark. I wussed out and ran the last 3 on the road. Running on the rock/roots even with a light is exhausting. I choose the road

Qotd: I'll put myself on the naughty list. I do not.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Plan to do 5 or 6 later today.  It's cooler and a lot less humid today - of course around here it's all relative.

qotd: Yes, the town finally changed the curb-side recycling frequency from twice a month (no one could remember the days) to once a week and distributed nice new bins to everyone.  Much better now, and much better participation from everyone on the street.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

qotd: Yes, the town finally changed the curb-side recycling frequency from twice a month (no one could remember the days) to once a week and distributed nice new bins to everyone.  Much better now, and much better participation from everyone on the street.

I talked to the Mayor of Houston. She said she has big plans for the city after some of the rif-raf moves to Korea. I don't know who she was talking about...

LB2

A nice 5 mile trail run for the pooch and me this morning.

QOTD: Yes, it is pretty easy here.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Now just as I was pondering the options for a long run, I got a phone call from DD's school that she had injured her thumb and needed to be picked up. Long story short, she made it to the buses in time and went on the "away"-game with the marching band  , even though with the splint she won't be able to play as usual, and I will do a short run instead  .

QOTD: Yes, plastic bottles, metal, and paper/cardboard. I wish there was more plastic recycling (bags and other containers, not just bottles).

Now off for a few miles in the cold drizzle, yay...

Run for fun.