Trailer Trash

It's all about me Monday (Read 26 times)

DigDug2

Nice run, XT - looks like you stayed pretty strong throughout.

SRD for me - now that I think about it, I don't think I've left the house all day.

QOTD:  agree with the flying - not a fun experience, during or after.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Very nice XT!! Congrats.

Rest day for me.

Mandy - I agree with AT - do ...not...overdo it.  But very nice.

QOTD: Every ultra I have run I got into my car within 10-40 minutes after and drove anywhere from 1hr to 2.5 hours.  I am used to the stiffness.  It would be nice one of these times to not have to do so.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Hey, thanks everyone. I have a slight regret about not doing that one more lap. Lazy I suppose.

Mandy - Sounds like a good week. Maybe the hip thing is getting to be a thing in the rear view mirror.

Bagge - Didn't really check pace, as I run with a plain old timex ironman watch. About the only place I looked at the watch was at the end of the loop. Just went by feel. Fueling, I nibbled on aid station fare (bacon, pancake, pizza, fruit, cinnamon rolls) and supplemented with gels. Hydrated with water and tailwind, a coke now and them. I'd alternate my handheld each lap.. one lap tailwind, next lap water. Worked fine.

Daydreamer - We ended up passing on the kayaking as my BIL's back was sore. You'd think he just run 60 miles or something! Anyway, we did go the viewpoint at 3 sisters to see the manatees. You can kayak very close to the springs, and see them, but the spring itself is off limits. Hope you are in Hawaii now!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

XT – Great job on the 12 hr, practically even splits in my book.  Gonna go for the threepeat next year?

MM – That’s great news !!!

I’m planning on doing 5 mi after work today.  After that my DW and I are going to walk around the block to the Indian restaurant,  Ummmmm.

qotd: yeah I’d agree about sitting in a car or getting on a plane.  My worst experience was finishing 100 miles, then driving home 4 hours and getting on a 9 hour flight later that same day. It really sucked.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL