Trailer Trash

Weekender-daily (Read 16 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Did not get out as early as I should (late night last night).  Was hot and stinking humid. Out in 1:30 back in 1:45 for a not planned positive split. That kind of day with the weather. Can only run what the day gives you.

Hope our East Coast racers are doing well.  They might have a bit cooler weather than I have, but not by much.

QOTD: Follow any of the Tour de France this year?  I watched a bit, but not a s much as in the past. I don;t really have anyone to route for.  Frome had a nice crash yesterday, and was hoping he'd lose more time so it would be close. Guess I'll just wait for the Olympics to start.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

In the middle of my double race day.  5k was ...hot even at 8:30am.  DS1 did ok.  I think the heat got to him.  Now resting and off to my night 12 hour later.

You can track runners here: http://www.parunners.com/calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2016/07/23/785/-/montour-24-endurance-runs.html

DD and Keystone are running now.  I cannot imagine what it is now....too dang hot n humid.

QOTD: Not really anymore.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

muppy

Ran to work and home yesterday for 11.2 miles

QOTD I used to watch it all the time. Now if I start watching it it seems like they go to commercial right away so I switch channels.

runtraildc

Got to the gym yesterday for more elliptical and strength.  Still easing back on the foot, so taking today off.  Let's be honest, after this morning's marathon swim meet in the heat, I am tired and want to hang out in my air conditioning.  And little DS is doing a kid's tri in the morning so I really need my beauty rest to be able to cheer him on (150M swim, 6 mi bike and 1 mile run).

Jamie-- Good Luck!  and

DD and Keystone-- Hope it went well.  Looking at the temps here at 3 pm, it's 96*.   Ugh

qotd: No. That Texan turned ultra runner really ruined it for me.  Ok, really just an Olympics fan.  Can't wait.

Sandy-2

B2B 11 milers for me Sat/Sun. Both days early morning, and warm and humid. Sat went up and down the mountain single track, and Sun went on the flat hike/bike path.

qotd: not following TdF, instead I'm following DD at Tevis... As always she seems to be riding steady and working her way up, currently at Foresthill on a 1 hour hold, her ride no. is 119.

http://webcast.teviscup.org/standings

Edit: Devan finished!!  (BTW, 27th out of 165 starters.).     Another update... the website results said she finished, but that is/was  WRONG, she didn't pass the finish vet check due to slight lameness. Rode 100 miles, but no finish, pulled at the end.  The horse had a great run, and is fine now, just a little limping at the end. It happens, but still disappointing.  She did just say to me on the phone, "hey at least I got to do the whole trail again..."

Sorry AT, I see you posted a nice comment already.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Edit: Devan finished!!  (BTW, 27th out of 165 starters.)

Nice job, Devan and horsey! (edit:  Darn vets keep robbing her of her finishes.)

Is she doing the Mongolian Derby race this year?  I loved tracking her there.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Mixed bag at yesterday's race. First half, from a mileage perspective, went well, the second half not so much. Really hot which I managed well enough, but the stomach collapsed around mile 18 which is normal. Ended up with 36 miles. Goal was 50. Might get out this evening for a nice easy 4-5 miles.   Did get to see Keystone and Jamie. Jamie was smarter then Keystone and I. He took the night shift.  I guess I'll throw a RR together sometime this week.

QOTD:  Just enough to know that Froome was leading. I used to follow it everyday. I used to  follow all the grand tours and a lot of the short tours and classics. Then all the doping scandals hit and it just seems like the bike racing world is just addicted to cheating so I have a difficult time getting into it anymore. This year they actually caught one of the racers using a electric motor .

NHLA

8 & 6 mile  trail runs. Had to start early.

qotd  DW ask when will this bike race be over. She was happy when I said today.

The man whose name shall never be spoken is never mentioned.

Live Strong paid all medical expences for DD boyfriend's cancer treatment.

He is OK now. One more surgery nx week.

Sandy-2

AT, actually the horse "Armamdo" still did a great job too.  Devan told me he was as steady as a rock the whole day. He just had this little niggling limp at the finishing vet trot-out.  By the way, they also pulled another rider who finished a while in front of her, so they weren't the only ones who did the 100 miles, but didn't get the completion.

Here're Devan and Armando at Foresthill, 32 miles to go.  They had already passed that vet check and trot-out and were just chillin', waiting out the last few seconds before their mandatory 1 hr hold time was over so they could get going again.

She isn't doing the Mongol Derby this year, in October she's doing something called the Sandymont Express 1000km in South Africa.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL