Trailer Trash

Eastern States Weekender (Read 19 times)

NorthernHarrier

Have a great campsite now for the next 4 nights near the Teton divide. No run today, just a longish drive and hanging out. Tomorrow up at the crack of dawn as I have to get out on the trail before the all the citidiots. Plan to run the Paintbrush/Cascade Canyon loop. Did before many years ago and it is epic. Appr.20 miles.

QOTD--Tonight it is pizza and Blue Moon's at the Mangy Moose in Teton Village. AKA--the high rent district. Been 5 or 6 years since I was in this establishment and the pizza is still real good.

I think tomorrow night I'll look for the Snake River Brewery and check it out as I'm sure I'll be rather hungry/thirsty.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Cascade Canyon was my first hike not led by a ranger. The ranger-led hike ended at Inspiration Point. She encouraged people to continue up the canyon but my DW and I were the only ones to follow her suggestion. Hardly any other hikers and we saw more wildlife including moose cow and calf and pikas. That opened up a whole new world to us realizing it's no big deal to head off on our own for hikes.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LB2

Weekend running was a total disaster. I moved my long run around because I had to take a friend fishing. Then, I scaled it back to a 10 miler because I am still a little tired because I have really run a lot of miles over the last month, and I want to get a good 25 to 30 mile run in this weekend.

QOTD: I cooked two venison meat loafs yesterday. I was watching the world championships on television and heard something going on in the kitchen. The dog had sampled one of them. I left them to cool on the counter. He like it, and didn't do much damage. I had to laugh.

LB2

Sandy-2

QOTD--Tonight it is pizza and Blue Moon's at the Mangy Moose in Teton Village. AKA--the high rent district. Been 5 or 6 years since I was in this establishment and the pizza is still real good.

I think tomorrow night I'll look for the Snake River Brewery and check it out as I'm sure I'll be rather hungry/thirsty.

I went to the Mangy Moose during a ski trip up there about a million years ago.  I seem to recall a huge stuffed moose hanging from the ceiling, it did look pretty mangy at the time.  The beer was good though.  The other thing I remember was that the Tetons killed my legs (I'm a lousy skier).

tbd.