Trailer Trash

Humid (Again) Wednesdaily (Read 18 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Weather calls for 2 more hot and humid days and then break in the "summer" weather and will become seasonal in the East.  I know some have cold and snow already, but we're way above normal temps here. usually a frost by now, and haven't even been close.

Swelling is almost down completely and no itching this morning.  My year was first put off by a tic and lastly yellow jackets. I'd welcome a good old fashioned running injury at this point and no more damn bugs.

3-4 on the roadway at lunch.

Happy birthday, George.  A lot of candles on that cake. 

QOTD:  On a weekly basis, do you run the same routes / trails over and over, or mix things up?  If you run the same routes, is it for convenience or to test you conditioning (comparing times from before), or are you just a creature of habit?  I try to run different sections for 2-3 weeks before repeating a section. I have a lot of trails to choose from, and I hate to be bored, so mixing things up helps me stay energized. I'm not a creature of habit and enjoy new things, so always looking to change up my trail rotation.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Blergh, I'm battling my first cold of the season.  I seem prone to bronchitis (is that a thing?) so I'm taking it easy for a couple of days and hoping the cold doesn't move into my chest.  Have a road marathon in AZ on 11/3 and wanted one more good training week.  Eh, it's okay, I wasn't planning on breaking Kipchoge's marathon WR this time.

AT, ick on the heat and humidity.  We had a warm weekend but haven't had our usual Indian summer, which typically hits for a week or two in Sept/Oct with Diablo winds and temps up to 90.

Queen, nice trail pics yesterday!

QOTD: I usually leave from my front door, which means roads, a bike path, and a couple short trail sections.  Mostly because it's convenient, especially since I've got a road race coming up.  When I have a big trail race planned, I'll mix it up more and drive to trails a little farther away on the weekends to get in more distance, hills, and technical stuff.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

XtremeTaper

Humid here too obviously. I will probably freeze this weekend when the fall weather arrives.

A slow easy 5 miles with the Lady on the blue trail out at the lake last night. Took it easy for the Lady but honestly I seem to struggle on that trail these days due to the more difficult terrain and surface. Ran into some friends out there when I was finishing up. They were just starting their run. I assume they had lights as darkness was approaching.

Not sure of run or rest day today. Probably a run.

QOTD: I rotate certain routes on a weekly basis. I have about 5 basic routes, different places. Mostly for convenience, hitting the closest trails to the house but I do have a few standard routes that I like to run for time once or twice a week. Sort of a tempo, but not quite.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

AT - Glad the swelling is down.  Looks like Hurricane Michael is pushing all that warm humid air up into our area.  Once it passes though, it will suck the cold dry air downward.  Gotta love the big swings in weather (not).

Gatsby - Sorry to hear you're under the weather.  Hope you get well soon.  I really wanted to see you go after Kipchoge's record.   I'm sure you'll be fine for the race.  Just rest and recover well.

XT - Yep, the darkness is starting to set in earlier and earlier.  I might have to bring a headlamp tonight.

I was feeling like crap yesterday, but I decided to try to go for a run anyway.  It must be the weather and the barometric pressure with not feeling well, because I got a horrific nose bleed less than a mile into the run.  It was a real gusher, and it looked like I got pummeled in a fist fight when I finally got back to the car.  Feeling better today, so I hope to get some normal miles in after work.  Weather isn't cooperating though.

QOTD:  I have about 8 routes that I consider my "regulars" depending on what I want to do (easy, hilly, easy trail, hard trail, long run, etc).  I'm kinda a creature of habit, so 90% of my runs are on the same routes.  Occasionally, I'll do a random run, where I go out and have no clue where or how long I'd go, but that's usually when weather is pretty nasty and I'm just going to see what I can do that day.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Woke up to about 3” of snow this morning- wee bit early for that

strength trained yesterday evening- a little lackluster as this flu still has it’s grips in me

will head out on the trails with Tiny E after work, no doubt in the snow

qotd: I’ve got dozens of different loops, try to hit different ones throughout the week

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

QOTD: I wish I had trails nearby   The closest now requires a 30 min route around as they are still working on a bridge replacement and even so it was already a 45 min drive.  What I do have are miles of rural hilly gravel roads.  If I go at the right time I see absolutely no one...Sunday am early...lol.  Unfortunately when I do see people driving they are crazy and doing 40 plus even when wet.

It was 55 this morning, overcast and somewhat windy.

Gatsby sorry you feel under the weather...didn't you get sick this time last year?

AT glad the swelling had gone down.  It's been years since any stings.  For some reason bugs don't like me...I get few mosquito or tick bites.

Bert wow...I got a bloody nose in Denver but mainly due to the dryer than here air.

I'll do 5 tonight after work.

LB2

Rest day today.

QOTD: I pretty much stick to the same route day in and day out unless something special happens. It is just convenient to run right out the door. I do measure against previous times. I had a pretty fast run yesterday that felt easy. There is no question that I am making some improvement.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 6 with the group this morning.  Having my group runs Weds and Fri keep me consistent at least on those two days. 

QOTD:  So Weds is the same run everytime but maybe we go more or less.  It's a straight out and back.  Friday runs are in a park and I lead those so I try to mix them up a bit.  I also do bootleg trails the others have never been on.  I enjoy hearing I have no idea where we are.    Any other regular is from my house and requires running the same mile until I hit an area where I can create multiple runs.

Headlights:  Speaking of headlights my friend loaned me a waist light for my race and I loved it.  It lite up the are in from of my feet.  So hard going back to headlamp.  Going to buy the waits light as soon as the LRS get them in.

AT:  Watch what you wish for! 

George:  Happy Birthday..light the cake outside of the house.

Gatsby:  Come run it with me. 

Berto-  A gusher?  what's that about

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Headlights:  Speaking of headlights my friend loaned me a waist light for my race and I loved it.  It lite up the are in from of my feet.  So hard going back to headlamp.  Going to buy the waits light as soon as the LRS get them in.

AT:  Watch what you wish for! 

I put my light on my pack's chest strap. Works great. I like the light to shine where I'm stepping and now where I'm looking.

I love summer the least.  Bring on winter. I love running in the snow, and maybe I'll even ski this year after not getting out the past 2 years.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

easy 5.5 miles

Sue - no cake, so no candles. Ice cream on tap as soon as I finish my wine I had with dinner. One year when I was about 10 or 11 my mother asked me what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday. I said chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. She said that was too much chocolate, so I had cherry pie instead.

AT - bees and wasps scare me. I had my doctor write me a prescription for an epi-pen for when I'm traveling and on trails in the wilderness.

qotd: I have 4 parks and the local college campus where I do most of my running. There's enough variation available with combining loops in different patterns that it doesn't seem like I'm running the same routes all the time.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Gatsby sorry you feel under the weather...didn't you get sick this time last year?

Yes, I was out of commission for much of November last year with bronchitis.  I seem to have a bout every year, which is why I think I’m prone to it. Defective lungs or something, lol.

Happy birthday WC!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR