Trailer Trash

Smoky Sundalies.... (Read 27 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We are smacked in with smoke this morning...got out for 5.8 with the mutts.  Inhaling smoke is the least of the bad stuff I do to my body.  

QOTD:  what's your worst habit?  What's your best habit?

Have to say mine is I drink to often.  I run in the woods.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Headed out for a ride now after lazing about this am.

Yesterday ran 13.8 flattish trail miles in a little under 2 hours .... ankle was really tight after about 8 miles, but I finished it up.

QOTD: Ditto Queen .... Smile

some call me Tim

8 In the Rough trail race this am. I did ok... by the middle it was clear that I'm not totally recovered from the 50k, but I still managed 7th and a minute better than last year. The whole thing is lousy with webs of spruce roots, all exposed as the soil gets compacted from all of the MTB traffic and we got about a foot of rain in the last 24 hrs. It was slick. I was standing around at the finish waiting for my wife and people kept coming up to me and saying they had seen her and she was in a dark place, she was crying... so I was getting really worried. It's a tough race, but she knows the course and is more than capable of handling it. It just didn't add up. The only bailout point is at 6.5 miles so I drove over there just in time to grab her. By then it seemed like the only things wrong with her were a twisted ankle and bruised pride... must've been a pretty long walk, though.

qotd: Well, I'll admit that I drink too often as well, but there are these emotional habits that've been on my mind so I'll offer them:

I am terrible at enforcing boundaries.

I look for and find the best in people even when others are unwilling to.

Daydreamer1

Wasting a lovely day at work . Oh well, at least the bills will get paid.

QOTD:  Worst:  I tend to procrastinate...... a lot.    Best: Spend too much time running or biking.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Enjoyed my DGD's 1st birthday party yesterday; got a nice 7-ish mile run in this morning in the Blue Mountain area with a buddy- we got caught up chatting and the run seemed to be over quickly.

qotd: worst- temper, hey I'm Irish

best- I'm dependable, to myself included- rarely miss a workout

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

10 k trail race @ Biltmore House. Perfect day 58 at start. 2 1/2 miles of DAMN gravel but the rest of the course wes great.

They have 10000 acres with trails all over it but they aren't smart enough to stay off the gravel and it's big gravel because this is a working farm with heavy equipment. Mt feet hurt.

13th overall and 2nd AG   53 min   I lost three places in the woods on downhills. I just don't attack the downhills like I used to.

They had a bike race and a duathalon going on so it was fun to watch the transitions.

qotd  best I am a good listener. worst I can really be an asshole when you get in my space or if you are late.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Spent the weekend at work, 11 hrs on Saturday, starting at 2 a.m., and 8 hrs today. I'm slammed. Maybe an evening run, but I'll have to work tomorrow morning at 5 again, so not sure what to do.

QOTD: Best: I run often. Worst: for a trail runner, I don't drink enough.

Run for fun.

runtraildc

4 miles along the muddy creek this morning with a friend.  Nice and easy going.  Perfect running weather -- sunny, low 60s and dry.

qotd:  I could probably switch out with Blarg-- good with setting boundaries (just ask my kids) and quick to 'assess' my view of others.  That or procrastination, but I'll have to think about that and return later.

AT-runner

Tim

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Can't wait to hear how Kelly did finishing the slam.

Nice weekend at the beach. Missed most of the rain that hit the east coast but did see 2 waterspouts off of the coast. Pretty cool. We had sun over our heads but could see the black clouds move by just to the north and then the spout started.  First time I've seen one in person.  We skipped Saturday's run in favor of 2 long walks with DW.  One in town and a nice 4 miles on the beach.  Today we did 10 miles and then I finished a book while listening to the waves. Great day.

QOTD:  Bad - I eat a lot of crap. Never saw a cookie that I could say no to.    Good - I'm a professional volunteer person. Always glad to help out and have met some great people volunteering.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!