Trailer Trash

My trail run report...thingy.... (Read 42 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Very nice Jamie,  some of those trails are quite rugged and a little hilly.  I'm really thinking about doing the "easier"  run in spring up there.  I hope  that  you  can put all these injuries behind you and stay healthy!

I was wondering what trails he uses in the spring but did not get a chance to ask him.  I would really like to go out for that in March to see the area without the thick leave cover.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Here's a run some of you might be interested in. Two versions a 1/2 and full marathon. A lot of very runnable sections with some moderate climbs. Only one real hard climb. Don't be afraid of being last if you sign up for the full course, that slot's reserved for me .  It does seem like the full course attracts a lot of runners unlike Mega and Call of the Wilds where you get a bunch of fast hikers.

http://www.midpenntrailblazers.com/trail-race-events/damhalf/index.html

Last time I looked there were <200 slots left. While that may seem like a lot, last year it filled up quick the last two weeks of August.

muppy

I was wondering what trails he uses in the spring but did not get a chance to ask him.  I would really like to go out for that in March to see the area without the thick leave cover.

Some of the trails are the same, but if I remember  correctly they're not nearly as technical or hilly. I don't know if you're on Facebook, but on Don's running adventures page he will  invite people to go run sections of the course with him  before the springtime race.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Whoopi-ty-aye-oh
          Rockin` to and fro
          Back in the saddle again
          Whoopi-ty-aye-yay
          I go my way
          Back in the saddle again

Jamie way to go!  I'm going to try using poles for some of my events next year; I use them backpacking just need to practice with them on runs. I have the BD z-poles which extend and collapse quickly which should work pretty well we'll see

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √