Trailer Trash

Cinco-de-Mondaily (Read 33 times)

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today for me.  32 miles for the weekend and then built a fence for DW's garden, so extra cross training.

LB2 - I really do well with Tailwind.  I'm mixing it a bit lighter lately (1 1/2 scoops per 22 oz) and it settles well.  I alternate between water and Tailwind on long runs and still eat some solid foods.

QOTD:  Any plans on eating Mexican food today (or a shot of tequila)?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I got 5 trail miles in this morning. We're having beautiful weather, finally.

I took a bad spill during my race this weekend and my whole body is feeling it today. It'll be a month before ll the trail rash is gone.

QOTD: Definitely making my vegetarian burritos for dinner tonight. I don't do tequila.

Marley and I enjoyed the cool clear weather for our 6 mile trail run.

QOTD:  I love Mexican food, but have no plans for it today.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

SRD today.

Since I can't make it to the 50k next weekend, a friend and I decided to run the same course on our own yesterday.  Tuned out to be a nice easy Fatass 50k.  It was probably better because the main goal yesterday was to take it easy so we don't mess up this week's training plans.  Who knows, if I was in a 'real' race with a number pinned on, perhaps I would have gone too fast.

qotd: lots of opportunities to eat Mexican food down here in TX, but I don't think we have any plans for today.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

I raced the Broad Street Run (10 Miles) yesterday with 40,000 other runners. Ended up with a 5 minute PR, finishing in 1:20:16. I was very happy with my time.

QOTD: I had a burrito last night... and will probably have the leftovers for lunch. Does that count?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength training this evening and a little rest for my heel (and legs!)

I'm going to see if I can drop down to the 12k race this weekend, the 30k is definitely a no-go, 12k should be doable

qotd: had fish tacos Friday night, chicken fajitas Saturday night and a big chili verde breakfast burrito Sunday morning, so will probably skip Mexican today Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

SRD. I work late tonight. But I may find a television to watch 24 at 7.

QOTD: No, but we ate some of the best Mexican food I have ever had on Saturday. Also, I did get into a bit of an argument with a Mexican lady on Saturday at the go kart track. You are not going to jump in front of 30 people in the go kart line, lady.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I'm going to run 7 after work with Earl.

quoted:  I'd love to go out for Mexican food and margarita's but will probably be cooking salmon burgers here.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dpc3

3 with the devil dog

QOTD: I am eating a breakfast burrito with green chile in it does that count?

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon Trailers!

Recovering from Bear Mountain 50 miler.  I'm thinking some nice and easy spinning on the bike will be the way to go today...maybe a jog tomorrow.

QOTD: Guess I better pick up some limes  there's always tequila in our freezer

**Ask me about streaking**

Chnaiur

Argh - why do you have to talk about food? I have a lunch meeting an hour later than my usual feeding time. So hungry.

QOTD: had chicken fajitas yesterday, so probably not today.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

LB2

AT: I am a believer in Tailwind, now. I found a place in New Orleans that carries it. My brother is going down there next week and is supposed to pick me up a big bag of it. I have a 12 hour thing I am planning on July 4th, and I plan to put it to the real test that day. But I am confident it will work for me.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Planning on 7 to 10 after work today, but DH was not feeling well and headed off to the ER, so I'll have to see what' in store for me later. LB2: I have some reservations toward Tailwind because on any normal day, run or not, you'd eat 40 to 100 grrams of protein, and some fat. Tailwind is just a simple sugar, nothing else, so while I'm sure a day without protein and fats won't hurt you, I wonder if it is better to have some protein and fats during a long day of running. Are the nutritional requirements reduced to just sugar during running, even when it's a whole day or more, or do you need your normal other nutrients, too? I'm not sure. And I doubt it is good for the teeth, although on the other hand, gels are not, either. QOTD: no Mexican food plans for today. Perhaps a lunch burrito tomorrow.

Run for fun.

LB2

FTYC: I will let you know what I find out. These are the same things I discussed with a friend of mine who uses Perpetuem. I just know it did well yesterday for what I would not consider a long run. But, I'll put it to the test as the summer wears on. Either way, it will definitely be a part of my nutritional plan in the future, even if it is used with something else.

LB2