Trailer Trash

TGIFridaily (Read 19 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

bike to work, otherwise a SRD

qotd: weekend plans?  We're headed for Missoula for DGD 2nd birthday; Sunday I'm getting up early and going to bag Stewart Peak in the Rattlesnake Wilderness. About a 20 mile out and back, should be a good one

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Got up early and headed out on the mountain. Temp was about 70 but the humidity was around100%. On top of that I had  a tooth filled yesterday and hadn't drank much so I was dehydrated.  Really wanted to get in about 14-16 miles. Ended up stopping at a little less than 10 miles.  Legs would have went further but just felt crappy all over.

QOTD: Work, work and more work.  It's my weekend to work so it's three straight days  nights of spending time doing what I must instead of what I want to do. At this point I'm not even sure where I'll be working at.  We are short staffed right now and apparently someone had a death in the family and will be off for a week so I may get moved from station to station to fill in the holes.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Woohoo, Friday, Flyday, my favorite day of the week!

6 miles as a sweat fest (77 degrees, 90% humidity), with lots of little hills. For me, that is a long run. Proof of this also is that 1) I got a blister on my middle toe, and 2) I got slightly chafed on my thighs. But hey, it's progress!

QOTD: Work. It's a football weekend, and even though it's an "away-game", it's probably going to get really busy. On the up side, I have Sunday off, maybe I'll go for a nice run then.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Little over 6 this morning.  Ran into old man Bob so had to chat even though I knew I would be late to work.  Then had to get the clothes on the line, even though I would be late for work.  Then the old man needed help pushing a car around, even though I would be late for work.  So anyway I was late for work. 

My office was decorated because I will be a year older tomorrow.  I love small towns.  My co-worker gave me a dozen eggs from her chicken as a gift.   Me and a couple of co-workers (friends) purchased tickets to a Eric Church concert in the spring. QOTD: Tonight will go have a couple of beers and then go see Captian Fantastic in our 50 seat theater.  Going to run from Nevada City to Little Town of Washington on the South Yuba trail tomorrow.  They have a little saloon there (town consist of 2 campgrounds and the saloon/hotel) so will have a couple of birthday drinks. This is something I've always wanted to do.  Have been downthe trail 11 miles  The old man is going to pick us up and then take me out to sushi later.  Sunday I plan on sleeping in and than maybe clean the windows. So looks like a good weekend.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Queen- Happy Birthday!  Don't do anything I wouldn't do- oh wait that doesn't restrict anything 

FTYC- 6 miles, not too shabby at all- it will all come back and maybe even then some

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Happy Birthday, Sue.

I didn't run today. I had a pretty interesting run yesterday evening, though. The humidity dipped into the low 90's, so the air was quite dry for around here. Am I right, Sandy!?! Freaking hot!!! Anyway, I had a decent run, but about a quarter of the way through, I inhaled a rather large bug. I almost threw up. I was heaving in the middle of an old country road. I thought I was going to have to turn around. But, I finished it.

QOTD: I had a meeting at another campus this morning. I stopped for my lunch break and by passed lunch to buy a bomber of Gnarly Barley Catahoula Common, local brew. It is so good. So, I'll probably drink that after I run, cut grass, cook, and finally sit down to watch some football. I have a packed lunch at the office.

LB2

dpc3

4 mile warm up with pearl then an additional 14 on my own. I got in 7 last during my son's soccer practice. Hope you all are well.

Happy 21st Sue!

Sandy-2

The plan is to run after work today.  Just didn't feel like getting up early this morning.

FTYC: 6 miles is a big jump. Nice.

QoN: Happy birthday tomorrow.

qotd: We have a pretty long list of things to do around the house so that will take up most of the weekend.  I'll do some running as well of course.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

XtremeTaper

Planning on 7 miles after work probably on the lakeside trails. It's still hot here, which is annoying given the cool comfortable temps I had earlier in the week in the Cascades. Oh well.. fall will be here soon.

QOTD: golf, run, work in the yard, watch some college and nfl football.. go Bucks! ... go Browns!!

Couch - 6 miles.. I agree with the others. You are on your way back even if it's slow. Once fall gets here... you will feel great!

Queen - Happy Birthday.. don't live it up too much. Oh, nevermind. Yes, live it up!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a run last night in my new shoes! Hoka Speed Instinct.  The run was super crappy - well the first half was.  I was battling stomach issues (just gas I think) and had an awful cramp as a result.  I knew if I pushed through (and pushed it out), I would be ok.  And I was.  The shoes - they are ok.  Comfortable but not completely sure if I will like them over the long hall.  They are a lower profile and have a different toe box.  They almost feel a bit like track shoes but with more padding underfoot.  So a few more runs and we will see.  I meant to hit up a trail on my way back from a meeting but got called from my boss to do a surprise inspection.  So there went the run.

Couch - take 'er easy there.  6 is long for sure right now.  Play it by feel I suppose.

Queen - Happy B-Day!! You don't look a day over ......

QOTD: Soccer game, painting our bedroom, painting a dresser, school work, a couple runs, some family time ..... wait that's just a normal weekend.   EDIT: OH wait...and there is foooooootballlllllll!!!!! 

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

some call me Tim

Yeah, it's another scorcher. Waiting for a friend to arrive and then we'll head off on my home trail and continue on to the local branch section of the Finger Lakes Trail for 10 miles. Looking forward to that and catching up. I haven't seen him since he kicked my butt at a 50k last fall.

Queen - that sounds fantastic. Happy Birthday!

qotd: Gotta get some miles and vert tomorrow before the wife heads out of town to run a marathon in Presque Isle SP. Then a blissful Sunday with the kids, attending a popular local trail race. I usually run it, but considering it won't be possible the kids and I will just get out there and cheer, maybe serenade the runners, and of course promote my race ;-)

Stay gold, Ponyboy