Trailer Trash

Buggy Muggy Weekender (Read 20 times)

Bert-o, nice job doing over 44 miles!  But yikes on the BNF.  I don't have balls or know much about running in 90 degree temps, but maybe it was your undergarments -- cotton versus tech fabric briefs? (If you wear undies, which you really don't have to share with us, it's just a thought for you to consider as applicable.)

Queen, no dogs on the trails in the parks around here, unfortunately.  But if you have a horse, apparently that's okay.

Warden, that looks like a fun run.

AT, send your wife out this way for our next cougar run.  Love wild rhododendrons, not something we have around here but I saw them up in OR.

XT, the pics were the creek alongside the trail, which is mostly nice soft dirt then a few rocks and roots higher up.

DD, Bag Balm, haha.

Sandy, sounds like a nice trip to Germany aside from the work stuff.

I ran 8 today for a total of 57 this week. That's it for the long long runs, now starting to taper for Tahoe Rim Trail 50 on July 21.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Spent 6 hours volunteering at the Powderface trail runs in Alberta on Saturday and 15 hours traveling home on Sunday, so no weekend miles. Got blasted with the heat and humidity after a week in the mountains and low 60s.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

WC - Welcome home back to the sauna.  Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip!

Sue - The thought of becoming an eunuch did cross my mind.  Not sure if DW would approve. 

Gatsby - I just wear running shorts (nothing underneath).  I wore the ones I use for my long runs and other races, so this issue definitely snuck up on me.

In hindsight, I think for this type of weather conditions, I should have pre-planned to clean, change, and re-lube every 4 or 5 hours as preventative maintenance.  But I'm not sure if I will ever want to race in this type of weather again though... not that we have any choice. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Ultra Cowboy

10.8 trail miles in the Marin Headlands.  2008 feet of elevation gain on a Foggy day with Wildfire smoke mixed in giving it a weird light effect.

I was very proud of MiLady doing her longest run yet despite me trying to send her on a shorter route.

WYBMADIITY

Save