Trailer Trash

Still on Vacation Fridaily (Read 23 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Opened computer for the first time this week. DW, my mother and I are on Long Beach Island, NY enjoying the surf and sand before my niece gets married tomorrow.  First time we've been here, and nice beach, but funny how it faces South and not the East that we're used to facing. So sun the rises on he left and sets on the right.

Run every day, but nothing too long.  Boardwalk and road runs. Strong head wind yesterday during our run at Jones Beach, and treated that like hill work.

View from our deck.

Sandy - Good luck.

Marie - WOW. So sorry you had to have those hours of terror.

Blarg - I can run 18 minutes "during" a 5K, but I'll still have a 1/2 mile to go. Nice job.

Jamie - I'm pulling for you!

Sue - Don't tell Jamie, but I'm pulling for you.

NH - Take the seasonal job. February layoff sounds great.  Where's our bike riding friend, Mandy been?

Warden - No bloody selfie from your fall?

LB2 - Work people suck!  Trail running helps.

dc - Glad you found your mojo.

XT - Since you run there so often, do the dogs ever show you the way at Coventry Woods?

Dd1 - Work people suck! Trail running helps. (In your case, a bike ride too,)

Watoni - What's your monthly bike mileage up to?

NHLA - Any good fall colors coming out yet in your mountains?

DigDug - The high mileage can suck away your speed. Those guys were probably tapering for the 4/5 mile race.

Kelly - how you feeling? What "Adventure" have you planned next?

Moon - where you been?

Have a great weekend.

QOTD: Currently reading?  I've read 3 books so far this week. Finally read "Boys In The Boat" and loved it. Also read "The Girl In The Spider Web" which is written as book 4 in the Lisbeth Salander series. The author of the first 3 books "The Girls With The Dragon Tattoo" etc., died and had started 4th book. Someone else finished it, and it was a good read.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

sounds like a great time- enjoy it while the rest of us work 

I should have taken a pic, has some good contrast with the dirt and blood 

going to strength train this evening, my elbow is a little stiff from the impact, but got lucky it wasn't worse

qotd: I recently finished the Ultra Mindset - pretty good

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Morning folks.  The last couple of days have been low mileage-- I've put off my runs until the end of the day and just ran to keep the streak going.  I seem to be past the phase of tired and sore legs and things are feeling pretty good.  Breezed up one of my 'test' hills last night easier than ever. Heading to the gym later this am for some strength work, and 4 miles planned on the trails during swim practice.

Beautiful picture AT!

qotd: 97 Orchard-- a book on the history of a NYC tenement building in the 19th century, focusing on immigrant groups (so far, German, Irish and Jewish) and food.  Actually, very interesting and well written, though it is taking me a long time to get thru it.

Occasional Runner

Short easy run. Sort of a taper kinda thing.

Planning to work an aid station at the North Face 50 in Park City tomorrow. Should be a great time.

QOTD: I just started "The Girl in the Spider Web". I loved the first 3 books and this one is just as good.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

6 miles last night at somewhat fast (for me) while DS had soccer.  I do 1.1 mile laps during his practice.  Last night there was some sort of a "running" group.  I could not figure out what they were doing.  Yes they were running but were they beginners? Were they training for something specific? Were they ...I dunno.  They ran one direction, then switched, then some were sprinting at one point...and then stopped.  I estimated they did maybe 2 miles.  Oh well, not my concern.

AT - beautiful view.  Enjoy the wedding.

QOTD: Just stuff for school.  Boring stuff mostly.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Squeaked out a 1.2ish mile run this morning, just to keep the streak alive. We had a late night yesterday, and I didn't feel like getting up to run very far. So, I ran short, drank coffee, and paid some bills. We have another late night tonight.

QOTD: I am reading The Bone Tree by Greg Isles. I read the book preceding it a couple of weeks ago, Natchez Burning. I find it hard to put his work down. I know the areas where the book is set pretty well from hunting and/or running. So, that makes it even more appealing to me. I also know people who are similar to some of the characters. It is hard to put the books down.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had a really nice 5.7 this morning with the mutts.  Why don't I start the day out like that every day.    So that weirdness I have been describing (anxiety attacks, heart palpations) I think was just a cold.  Had some yellow green snot today..so I guess I am on the mend.  Why is Dr AT always on vacation when I need him!!  Core at gym at lunch today.

QOTD:  Shanghai Girls by Lisa See.  It's a light read.

AT:  Didn't realize the author died on the Lisbeth series.  My husband really like them on tape.    I need to read the series.  Love reading vacations but rarely get them being married to a non-reader.  He always wants to play games on vacation.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

More unseasonable warm temps for up here, it's nice though so I should be happy. Some color scattered about with peak probably another 10 days or so and then a good wind and rain and that's it. Eating lunch and looking out at my lake which is like glass so despite a few projects that I could be doing I think I'll throw a canoe in and enjoy the day some more. Did a pleasant six mile trail run this morning and hope for some mtn. biking later. It's just too warm for bird hunting yet.

AT--No idea about her, somebody who does facebook must have some idea.

Blarg--noticed your 5k time from the other day. Real good. It's pretty tough being focused on running fast in a 5k type race and still being able to rock an ultra. You're getting 'er done!

QOTD--Finished up another in W. Kent-Krueger's series a few weeks ago and probably won't start reading again until winter.

Watoni

URD due to orthotics cluserF%$#. I had them adjusted Tuesday, still led to blisters, went with old insoles and now have sore Achilles .... &^%$#@$$$ Did some core this am and will go to PT shortly. A little down that this week's running pretty much took a big hit

AT -- Not a lot of mileage on the bike. Was going to do a ride that was cancelled due to the wildfires up north. I might do a long ride Saturday or Sunday and try for a decent run the other day.

QOTD: Nothing of note lately ... I need a good book

Daydreamer1

Spending the day running around at work. So far it's busy. Just ate Breakfast and lunch.

QOTD: Getting ready to order a book. Probably going to be Chilton's manual on Dodge pickups for 1994-2002.  I need to learn to do some light reading. Well there goes the pager for another call.