Trailer Trash

stormy Sundailies (Read 26 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers.  We got nixed out of Chico Hot Springs trip Sad hit really (really) bad roads heading east from Missoula, bagged it and went home, we do have our grandson so we'll get some sledding and maybe a short snowshoe trip in anyways.

14 tough (snowy) miles yesterday, will get 6 (snowy) miles in this afternoon

qotd: white Christmas this year where you're at?  I'd say w/ some confidence we're good to go as far as snow is concerned

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

There's a nasty storm here, too. I planned a double for the day but skipped my second run. Too much rain and wind to get motivated, especially when I don't "need" the miles right now. I got 6 road miles and a solid core workout at the gym.

QOTD: We only have snow above 8,000' right now, but they're calling for 1-3" on Christmas day.

runtraildc

Finished a 9K XC race this morning with the area road runners club.  Not sure why they called it XC as it was all trails.  And not easy ones at that.  DS and a friend helped at a water stop at mile 4.  Which was fun, getting commentary from the peanut gallery about how slow I was going.    I pointed out to them that I was running faster than they were. 

qotd:  Maybe, I'm getting reports that there may be a couple of inches.  The ski areas are all open, so that's what really matters.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I did a few nice miles last night, and I'll do some more with DD this evening. We are planning on making it a "Christmas Lights Run" through different neighborhoods.

QOTD: Probably not. The days' highs will melt all snow away, it's going to be above freezing, and into the 50's.   WTF??

traildc: You're wicked fast, don't let the cocky youth tell you anything else!

My DD and I are planning on running a First Night 5k this year, and I'm not sure what to expect. When I run with DD around the neighborhoods or on the trails, she's about as fast as I am, but in school, she ran 2.2 miles on a track in under 15 minutes...   I'm afraid she's going to show me who's fast and who's not...

Run for fun.

Overslept, overscheduled, overwhelmed on this fine Sunday... I only got out for about 3 and some change this afternoon, and a lot of it was bush whacking.  I had Steeler's football and finishing up my holiday to do list on my mind and took a weird left turn.  I have tomorrow afternoon off so I plan on putting in a couple hours then.

mtwarden - You can send some of that snow over here!  We are still in the snow/rain/thaw phase right now.  As soon as I think XC ski season is upon me... I wake up and it's gone.  Either way, sorry your plans were derailed.

QOTD: "they" say early snow showers, but It's supposed to be in the high 40s and rainy the two days leading up to Christmas, so I doubt we'll see anything good.  It takes a little stress out of the traveling side of things, not gonna lie.

runtraildc

brace yourself, couch.   Even my 12 yo leaves me in the dust when it comes to racing.   I still have them on distance, though.  At least for the moment.

My DD and I are planning on running a First Night 5k this year, and I'm not sure what to expect. When I run with DD around the neighborhoods or on the trails, she's about as fast as I am, but in school, she ran 2.2 miles on a track in under 15 minutes...   I'm afraid she's going to show me who's fast and who's not...

NorthernHarrier

Went over to the Kettles today and ran the opening leg (13m) of the IAT 50k. Figured I better get a quick reminder of what I signed up for. Yup, better lose some weight so I can drag this carcass up and down those relentless hills. But no buyers remorse as running that stretch of the IAT and a little of the Nordic system has me looking forward to it.  I won't be coming close to what I ran it in the way past though. No surprise there for certain.

Martha--Happy to have another cross-country skier here.

QOTD-  Well this year is how I like it. We will have no snow in Madison but on Friday I'll be heading north up to my shack and there will be plenty of snow to recreate with. Perfect.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

9 mikes on my favorite trail with Earl while the old man walked Jack for 4.  Lunch and  beers mo it's couchertime (you know like hammer time).

qotd:  No but finally a break in the rain for a week.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

hog4life

Last night, I ended up doing 8.6 after the morning's 15.3. I smacked my elbow on the trail yesterday, and it's been really stiff and painful today. Today has been a rest day with chores and stuff,

No snow here, north Alabama don't see much.

Watoni

An early morning of downhill skiing with the bride. Yesterday's fluffly powder (at least for Tahoe) gave way to Sierra cement as the temps rose. Got a few miles in on the xc trails (could have probably used snowshoes but it was fun). Fitness still sucks, but having fun and hopefully making progres.

QOTD: Visiting my in-laws in MD so maybe ...

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

13 miles on a paved trail after 3 days off

QOTD: no snow in the forecast, just rain the next couple days.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.