Trailer Trash

Bear Mountain 50 Miler - RR (Read 48 times)

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Nice RR and great race, congratulations!

Thanks Muppy, glad you enjoyed!

**Ask me about streaking**

SillyC

It starts at the same spot, but it is point to point...ending just past the GWB in Fort Lee Park.  The run starts on the yellow trail (labelled S-BM on my map...South Bear Mountain?) , then onto the Long Path for the remainder.  It looks like it avoids most of the trails used for TNF 50, since it doesn't pick up the Long Path until South of the course.

Right.  I remember looking at that.  I lived in Washington Heights for 6 years and spent a lot of time on the Long Path in the fort lee area.  I had been interested in this race for that reason.  Not so interested in dodging picnickers on the trail, though.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Not so interested in dodging picnickers on the trail, though.

LOL. Reminds me of Eastern Europeans who came to Austria when the borders were opened, and they used to picnic along the Interstate Highways (Autobahn) because that was what they used to do in their country, as their highways were so bad you could not drive fast on them anyway. They probably thought that's ok in Western Europe as well because there are not many "No Stopping" signs along those highways. 

But on the trail, you just run the picnickers over. Takes only once, then they know! 

Run for fun.

SillyC

But on the trail, you just run the picnickers over. Takes only once, then they know! 

Nah.  You tell them you work with Joshua / Manish / Park / Lee / Drago (take a guess) and then compliment them on how tasty the picnic food is.