Trailer Trash

Solstice Thursdaily (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Winter is here officially, unofficially it’s been here for two months already   -2 here this morning- yeah

Tiny Elvis and I got 3 miles in yesterday evening- a balmy 13 degrees.

They say its going to get up to 20 today, if that happens we’ll try and get 3-4 miles in.

qotd: traction devices in the winter?  my Microspikes are on their fourth winter and in the 2000 mile range. one of the best products ever developed imo

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Plan for some cardio at the gym tonight. An hour maybe mixed between the bike to nowhere and arc trainer. It will make me sweat at least. Will end my self imposed running exile late next week while down south.

QOTD: Nothing at the moment. Winter running here is a mixed bag in terms of snow. Usually we have little to none, or have snow on north facing slopes but dirt and mud on south facing slopes, or have so much in one blast from a Noreaster' that you can't run the trails anyway. Typically I will just make up a pair of screw shoes if needed.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

6 miles this morning. slow and easy. And last day above freezing until the new year.  Probably should go to yoga at lunch, but I've got stuff to do to get ready for our trip.

qotd: Good reminder. I have a pair of yaktrax that I mostly use while visiting MN for the packed snow on the roads and trails. They add just enough traction to help, but I don't think they contribute much of anything to anything icy or technical.I paid the right price (free) for them, so I have no complaints.

Sandy-2

I'll do 5 or 6 after work today. They are saying it'll be warm this afternoon and tomorrow we might get over 80 deg.  Uuuuugh.

qotd: see above.

tbd.

Daydreamer1

7.1 miles yesterday. Ran some, took a lot of walk breaks. Partly because of the legs being sore from getting back into running regularly and partly due to having difficulty getting interested in actually running.  Still it felt good to get out.

Nothing today due to being at work.

QOTD:  Got a pair two years ago for Christmas and used them once. That means that I really need to get up on the mountain more often when it snows.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Uhh we got a rat in the house.  The DH let’s them eat off the trap for a few days then sets it.  Well that thing woke me up this morning, I think he’s big! It’s time to kill him!!!! Ran 5.3 miles.    Very cOld Had to be below 32.

Qotd: does not apply to me

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I was thinking about you on my cold run and how you are heading to Florida.  My advice to you is pack only your Speedo’s and enjoy long walks on the beach and rum drinks. No running.

Plan for some cardio at the gym tonight. An hour maybe mixed between the bike to nowhere and arc trainer. It will make me sweat at least. Will end my self imposed running exile late next week while down south.

QOTD: Nothing at the moment. Winter running here is a mixed bag in terms of snow. Usually we have little to none, or have snow on north facing slopes but dirt and mud on south facing slopes, or have so much in one blast from a Noreaster' that you can't run the trails anyway. Typically I will just make up a pair of screw shoes if needed.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I need some miles tonight but amount tbd.

QOTD: At first I thought you meant vehicles.  Shoes - every once in a while.  It really depends on where I run.  I find that running icy trail is easier than walking icy trails - until it's up or down hill .

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Short run this morning and then ran a bunch of errands.

Had a slightly older friend pass away yesterday from a heart attack. Nice guy, but never took care of himself.  He was overweight and had diabetes and pretty much ignored his health.

Long tie with no check in for LB - hope all is well.

Sue - We have mice every winter (115 year old house) but never a rat. Yuck. Hope you catch it.

QOTD:  Have screw shoes for ice and run with Yak Tracks for any snow.  Have a pair of micro spikes, but screws work fine for what I need.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

GC100k

Had a slightly older friend pass away yesterday from a heart attack. Nice guy, but never took care of himself.  He was overweight and had diabetes and pretty much ignored his health.

Sue - We have mice every winter (115 year old house) but never a rat. Yuck. Hope you catch it.

Sucks about your friend. I've known folks who did everything perfect on health risks and still died young. Don't know which is sadder: someone who could have prevented problems but didn't or someone who did everything right and got felled by random bad luck or genetics.

We live in a drafty 150 year old farmhouse. Mice are a regular occurrence. Between my traps and the cat we catch a lot of mice. No rats fortunately.

QOTD:  never done any traction devices. I usually stay off the trails if they're icy.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

AT and GC...This is our fourth time with a rat.  First was the neighbor kick his meth head renter out and the garage was full of his trash and the neighbor said one bag was wiggling.  Well that night I here something on the roof and than in the chimney.  I started a fire and smoked and cremated that guy.  Then I set a trap and catch two in one trap outside.

Second time one came into the house and was underneath a spa tub where the front cover comes off.  Unfortunately while at work the dogs heard him, got the cover off, and in an attempt to get him tore apart all the wiring.  That was about a $300 rat since my husband basically had to replace the motor for a spa tub we never use. 

Third time we poisoned a rat in the crawl space under the house.  He crawled somewhere and died.  Once dead he stunk for weeks most likely in the ceiling but we could not find him.

Now this guy... we are clean people so I have no idea why we had so many.