Trailer Trash

No news Friday (Read 17 times)

runtraildc

Not usually an advocate for sticking one's head in the sand, but this week's news just keeps getting worse.  Go our for a run instead!  I'll head back to the gym and row today.  Another scorcher so I'm feeling less bad about not being able to run.

qotd:  Let's keep it light-- Weekend plans?  It's a double header swim meet-wise.  Early and busy mornings both days, which usually means lounging and napping the rest of the time.  However, the weather is supposed to cool off for Sunday so it might be a perfect afternoon to go paddling on the Bay.  And maybe some hamburgers on the grill.

LB2

I ran 5 miles in 35:30 this morning through the woods. I firmly believe that I just run better on trails. I think it is a mental thing. The road is just so boring, and I can't make myself go fast.

QOTD: Just yard work and a long run in the morning, probably 10 miles. And maybe 5 miles on Sunday. I am off next week, so I hope to up the mileage even more. I'm feeling good.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

up early this morning for 5-ish, first one at a popular trailhead- over a dozen vehicles when I got back 

qotd: DW and I are going backpacking- we're going to take our Tenkara rods and hopefully get into some trout- we're bringing fixings for fish tacos so the pressure is on 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

I ran 5 miles in 35:30 this morning through the woods. I firmly believe that I just run better on trails. I think it is a mental thing. The road is just so boring, and I can't make myself go fast.

Nice!  Sounds like you're well on your way back.

Not sure if I'll get a run in today or not.  I brought clothes, but Bike Week is going on in Gettysburg for the next few days, and I really don't want to run in the Battlefield while getting my ears blasted.

QOTD:  DW's "birthday weekend", so dinner tonight with some friends, some running and then dinner Sunday with more friends. I'm sure I'll be designated driver.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

qotd: DW and I are going backpacking- we're going to take our Tenkara rods and hopefully get into some trout- we're bringing fixings for fish tacos so the pressure is on 

So either having Fish or Vegetarian Tacos for dinner, right.  Good luck.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

So either having Fish or Vegetarian Tacos for dinner, right.  Good luck.

Exactly and I know which one I (and DW too) want!  Thanks

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

Unplanned rest day today.  I got up at 4:30 AM to go run and I felt like shit, still had headache from last night so went back to bed.  I believe I was having a bit of heat exhaustion from last few days. Stinks working outside sometimes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

QOTD  The girlfriend is going to her mothers house for the weekend so I am a free man!  I will be working and hopefully running sometime and going out to dinner with my little boy.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Almost 8 this morning...was a good run ...I felt good.

QOTD:  We were going to ride the Quads in the mountains from lake to lake, but now DH is talking boating.  Boating we can bring the dogs...quad riding we can piss off trail runners.   Sunday I plan to run long and clean that frigging house!

warden seems to be having the most adventurous weekend...

DD:  I am always hoping they are sniffing out a bear...it's very fun to watch Earl (a hound) when he's on a hunt because his nose is to the ground, his legs are long so his arse is up in the air, and he keeps letting out howls to let us know he's on to something.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Looks like this will be a rest day. Caught a short nap or two last night at work, then came home and had an appointment to make this morning. After that it was shopping at Sam's club, $450.00 worth , had lunch at Cracker Barrel with DW and now sitting at home too exhausted to move and still have a report to finish from last night. No energy left for a run.

QOTD:  Tomorrow I really want to work on my pickup restoration project. Have a few other things to do around the house then I'll try for a long run tomorrow evening. The hotter it is the later I'll go. Sunday will be Church in the morning and another longer run either in the afternoon or evening depending on how hot it gets.

Sandy-2

Did a slow and easy 5ish miles up on the single track this morning. Foot felt very good, my overall condition is crap though.  My calves were ok but tired.  I saw a deer, which is unusual.

Qotd: just taking it easy this weekend. We're going to a "murder mystery" birthday party for a friend tonight, the Britsh friends are really into it so we're playing along. It'll be fun to see how our Korean friends react.

tbd.