Trailer Trash

Ah, Beer! (Read 298 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I don't buy much Capital Brewery stuff, Harrier.  I mean, it's okay.  The Wheat is good on a summer day.  I got a super cheap case of Supper Club once through the Ice Age Trail Alliance, so I was drinking that stuff for a while last winter.  The Amber is okay. 

Now, at midnight when you're drunk in a bar with some RWOL people, the Winter Skal on tap is fucking fantastic.  (But I'm pretty sure anything would have been during that moment.)

Running is dumb.

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I'm an Imperial Stout fan and have what my husband calls a "collection " . Some are seasonal and some I have friends in other States ship to me and I keep them in my beer horde or stockpile or end -of-the-world supply ( however you want to look at it ) . So if anyone has a Regional Imperial Stout ....send me a message

Ten-Fidy

Old Engine Oil

Black Cauldron

Old Rasputin

Ravens Eye

also other beers

Old Chub

Bitch Creek

Ultra Cowboy

I never realized I lived in such a microbrew mecca.  I've been to the breweries of:

Dempsey's -Petaluma

*Lagunitas - Petaluma

Third Street Aleworks - Santa Rosa

Russian River Brewery- Santa Rosa

Moylans- Novato

*Pyramid Brewery- Berkeley

(* nearly a Macro but started micro. )

I still need to visit:

Stumptown-Guerneville

Bear Republic- Healdsburg

Mendocino Brewing Co.- Ukiah

Anderson Valley Brewing Co. - Boonville

One of my favorites is Kentucky ale from Lexington Brewing.   Much better than that Kentucky Jelly that comes in a tube...

(KY is the abbreviation for Kentucky)

WYBMADIITY

Save

Some great recommendations in this thread! Making a list...

I had a New Belgium 1554 Enlightened Black Ale last night.  Delicious!

NorthernHarrier

Well I'm drinking Capital Winter Skal right now Mandy. Stopped by my little small town beer and wine store and as luck would have it they were doing taste sampling of winter seasonals. The Capital was the best of the ones I tried. Of course I could have stayed there sampling for half the night but I had a pie to bake so had to go but the Skal is a hit.  You probably had no idea I was so domestic!. Cool

Chasing the bus

Val, I love imperials. We've got a couple of good ones here in AK, you should be able to get in Pac. NW, http://www.alaskanbeer.com/our-brew/limited-edition/pilot-series/baltic-porter.html which is one Ov my faves. And http://www.alaskanbeer.com/our-brew/limited-edition/pilot-series/alaskan-imperial-ipa.html which I need to get and try. Finally, if you can find it, their perseverance is supposed to be something special, http://www.alaskanbeer.com/our-brew/limited-edition/pilot-series/perseverance-ale.html Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with old faithfull, a reposada scratch margarita (on ice), and an ice pack.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

Messenjah

I am actually a very low scale homebrewer and LOVE my IPA's. I have an Australian IPA that is really close to being done now. I also love the Big Sky IPA and one from a local brewery called Madhouse Hopburst.

Irish Luck

Like EDRW, I save all the hop-head stuff for the mister.  I'm a fan of imperial Russians, imperial porters, tripels, quads...  the big stuff!  We have a 21 cu ft refrigerator in our basement just for beers.

My go-to beer is Sly Fox Brewery (it's practically in my backyard) and they have moved into canning many of their beers:

- Royal Weisse

- Dunkel Weisse

- Dunkel Lager

- Christmas Ale

This time of year, here are some of my favorites:

- Avery the Czar

- Southern Tier Choklat

- Southern Tier Pumpking

- Weyerbacher Old Heathen

- Weyerbacher Tiny

- Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin

- Flying Dog Gonzo

- Old Rasputin

- Dogfish Head (DFH) Sah'Tea

- DFH Chicory Stout

- St. Bernardus Christmas

- Green Flash Trippel

- Stone Russian Imperial Stout

- Victory Storm King Stout

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

I'm a Stout girl...the hop-tastic trend going on in brewing right now is bumming me out :-)

Meeeee Toooo.

I'm looking forward to Backside Stout season at Steamworks, one of our local brewpubs that supplies our local ski area as well.  On our recent Grand Canyon river trip I always enjoyed my daily can (only one a day, because $$) of Anderson Valley Brewing's Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout.  (So happy we can get good beer in cans now!)

I also love ambers, nut brown ales, and porters. 

AT-runner

Tim

Good example of how art work on beer can make you try a brew.  Saw this Saturday and had to try it based on the picture alone.

Santa's Butt Winter Porter from Ridgeway in the UK.  Nice winter beer.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Good example of how art work on beer can make you try a brew.  Saw this Saturday and had to try it based on the picture alone.

Santa's Butt Winter Porter from Ridgeway in the UK.  Nice winter beer.  

Nice.

Favorite beer name and slogan--From Utah: Polygamy Porter  -- Why have just one?

Irish Luck

Nice.

Favorite beer name and slogan--From Utah: Polygamy Porter  -- Why have just one?

I have been to the brewery!  And, I bought a shirt that says "First Wife" on the front and has the beer art on the back. 

BT survivor since 2003. Trail runner since 2009.

I think brain surgery stimulated my running nerve and made me into a trail runner. I'm grateful for both.

Ah I love this forum already! Trails and beer, pretty much all I need to survive. 

What I've been drinking very recently:

-Anderson Valley Winter Solstice 

-Great Lakes Christmas Ale 

-Ommegang Scythe and Sickle Harvest Ale <--- SO GOOD

-Southern Tier Phin and Matt's 

-Bell's Two-Hearted Ale 

-Yards (everything...visited the brewery last Sunday) 

I also went to a Winter Beer Fest on Saturday and tasted about 20+ winter craft brews that were all amazing. Too many to name here! 

NorNev

Ordered it because of the name...keep drinking it because of the taste