Trailer Trash

Happy New Year Daily (Read 19 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Hear's to wonderful new year for all the trailers!

-10 here this morning, they say 7 for a high, but they tend to muck the high up- we haven't broke 0 the last two days, so not expecting to today either- going to try for another snowshoe "run" sometime today

qotd: ~ (or exact if you have it ) mileage for last year?  happy with it?  this coming year?

I'm at 1100-ish for running miles and about 800-ish for hiking/hunting/snowshoe miles; I'm happy with that- was pretty consistent throughout the year (no injuries helped a bunch!!!) and had a good mix of short, mid and long (long for me anyways) runs- good elevation gain on almost every run/hike

If I could be in this ballpark for this coming year, I'll be tickled 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got out and started the new year right with a chilly (single digits) 8 miles on snowy trails.  I had the trails to myself and loved it.  Here's to a productive and positive year - for everyone - but especially for me .

QOTD: Ended the year at 1234 miles and not on purpose.

Looking for at least 1500 miles this year.  If things progress nicely will shoot for more.

Have a great new year's day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

Well it's almost noon and still -6F. I'm back in tropical Madison now having headed home a little early. Yes, I'm a wuss but it was just too cold to do anything. Wanted to ski and the snow conditions were just perfect for some real backcountry bushwacking on snowshoes but alas...

Gonna hopefully get out for 5 or so if we can just climb a few more degrees, otherwise I'll embrace the elliptical.

Pulled the trigger on an entry into a 25k in Missouri early April in the northern Ozarks. Still looking at several other events including a 50k in Colorado later this year. Like feeling healthy and fit. 

QOTD--1582.  Overall satisfied considering I started the year on the disabled list with an achilles injury wearing an AFO brace for several weeks.

Daydreamer1

Nice and toasty here in my area, considering what some people have. Just got up to 15 degrees.   Got down to 0 to -7 over night depending on the location.

Planning on trying about 4-5 miles this evening after the moon comes up.

Warden - They haven't been doing to good with predicting the highs around here either.  After they miss do the revise the official temp down or just left it go.  Sometimes around here they will miss high but never lower the official temp.  Makes me wonder if they do that to skew the numbers high.

QOTD: 1030.1.  Missed by 169.9 miles. Did get in 1210.5 miles on the bike. My goal there was 2000 miles which wasn't really realistic.  Not happy with the run mileage. Semi happy with the bike mileage.

For this year I'll probably set my goal the same. 1200 running and 2000 bike miles. I'll be happy if I hit one of them and get close with the other one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Taking the lights diwn and may go fir a jiggle jog.  Want to sit diwn and map out goals fir the year too.  New Year resolutions 

Qotd: 1238  Too funny, like Jamie my goal was 1200 and hit the 1238 (fir more mikes )  next year going for 1,500 which was my intial goal last year.  OK with it.

NH:  Glad to see you back!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

DD- they change the predicted high on the fly ie yesterday said the predicted high was going to be 10, this morning (when it was -11) they said it was going to be 7, pretty soon they'll see the error of their way and say 0 or something along those lines- must be nice to be able to keep changing your answer!

I would simply say the high temperature will be whatever it is around 4:00 PM 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Snowy New Years 10 mike run. If I keep this pace up, I’ll hit 3650 miles for the year. Was planning on longer, but left foot got wet on what I thought was a frozen creek crossing, so cut it early.

Queen, congratulations on beating Jamie by 4 miles.

QOTD: DW has 2180 on her tracking thigie. With being shut down for a while in the summer, I’m probably around the same. That means 1300 miles thru May 25th and 800+ for the rest of the year. Hopefully back to near 2400 this year if I stay injury free.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Gator eye

No run today, dont want to push it and maybe just a touch of spark knock from last nights fun

QOtD : 1512. Wanted 2500 but heck At this piont I'm just happy to run

Happy new year!

Happy new year to all!

6.7 miles this morning.  Sunny, 50s, so far so good in 2018.

QOTD: 1585 miles.  Really didn't have a goal, and I'm happy with it, considering I lost a couple of months to various ailments.  And hey, I beat NH by 3 miles!    MTA: for this year, I'm hoping to be around 1800.

22k trail race this Saturday to kick things off.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

SRD today.  Did my traditional volunteering at the new years day marathon in our town. The aid station is manned by our little informal running group.  We know lots of the people running so it's fun, not to mention that it's nice hanging out with the gang. It was 30 deg and very windy so it felt pretty cold for down here.

Hey NH, welcome back. Now we just need LB2 to drop by.

qotd: 2101 miles, happy with that since it is a little over the yearly goal.  I hope to do 2200 next year, I better get cracking.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.1 miles to start the year. Resolved to try running in the cold even though I really hate it.

qotd: 1485 miles for the year, more than my expressed goal but less than what I hoped if all went well. Announced a goal of 1440 (120 per month) for this year, but actual miles should be higher if I ever get more self-disciplined and motivated.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Gatsby.. did you get into Tahoe 50. Miler?    Still unsure about dates heading to half moon

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gatsby.. did you get into Tahoe 50. Miler?    Still unsure about dates heading to half moon

No, I’m on the waitlist. Sad face.  Not sure where I am on the list either since their waitlist link goes to an alphabetical list. Which would actually work great for me if that’s how they’re doing it, but I suspect not.  Might just wait and see what happens. Maybe Siskiyou Out Back instead.  Or something else summer/fall.  Doing some 50k’s in the interim: Fort Ord, Marin Ultra Challenge.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LB2

I ran on New Year's Day. It was my 3.25 mile loop. I took a couple of weeks off from running. Weather was the main reason the first week. The second week was just busy stuff.

QOTD: I think it was around 1600 miles, not enough.

LB2