Trailer Trash

Moab Red Hot 55k RR (Read 63 times)

Occasional Runner

We had a great time in Moab this weekend with a lot of amazing friends. Here is my version of events....

http://www.slippingslowlyintopain.blogspot.com/2013/02/moab-red-hot-55k-beautiful-run-on-rock.html

Thanks for reading.

Kelly

AT-runner

Tim

As always, a nice RR, Kelly.  The Moab Brewery Stout look good!  Oh yea, Jo rocks!  No doubt she was the only crew at the AS.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

jonferg67

Endless trails

Thanks for the RR and pics, Kelly. What did you wear for shoes? they look kinda heavy.

runtraildc

Great RR-- thanks for sharing!

Watoni

Great report! A great day out and what a great way to get some miles in!

Nice RR! I love reading about other peoples races, particularly in really cool places I have never been to.

Pinhoti 100: Finished :D

Trail Monster

Great race report Kelly! I'm super jealous! A lot of Altra peeps were there too and I totally missed out!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Occasional Runner

Thanks for the RR and pics, Kelly. What did you wear for shoes? they look kinda heavy.

I was wearing my Brooks Launch. It's a neutral road shoe and isn't very heavy at all. I wanted to go with a shoe that had a thicker sole because the slick rock will put a pounding on the feet otherwise. I was really happy with my shoe selection but I would always prefer to be in my NB MT10's.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I know Nathan (oops yes I meant Jason) is bigger than you but that one picture with him in the forefront makes the difference look even greater.

Thanks for sharing.  Loved the pictures.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

You mean Jason...

Yeah, Jo laughed at that picture when we downloaded it. He's pretty tall anyway, but the angle of that picture makes him look like a giant next to me.

Birdwell

Great race Kelly! Good choice on shoes as well. At A.S. 4 I was wishing I had worn my road shoes (brooks ghost) for the extra padding.

next year I'll remember that.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thanks for the read and pictures.  Sounds like a hard but cool run.  When you say you and Jo are doing the 100 Antelope did you mena she's crewing or is she actually doing?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Occasional Runner

Thanks for the read and pictures.  Sounds like a hard but cool run.  When you say you and Jo are doing the 100 Antelope did you mena she's crewing or is she actually doing?

She's crewing. All I have to do is run.

Occasional Runner

As always, a nice RR, Kelly.  The Moab Brewery Stout look good!  Oh yea, Jo rocks!  No doubt she was the only crew at the AS.

AT- That beer is 10.5% ABV. More proof that "real" beer can be found in Utah. I think people would be surprised how many great micro breweries we have here.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Great race, Kelly, congratulations!

Thanks for sharing the report, I always love reading your blog. Moab is one of the races that look really appealing to me, and if it wasn't so far off, I'd love to do it. Maybe, one day.

Run for fun.