Trailer Trash

Maniac Monday (Read 20 times)

LB2

QOTD:  My Dad was a school teacher so we went for a month long travel trip ever summer.  There were 5 kids and some times my Aunt Lou came.  Eight of us in a station wagon and one large Coleman tent in which the poles had color coded finger nail polish on them.    We each got a beer box for all our stuff clothes/toys.  We covered the beer boxes with contact paper so we knew who's were who's.  We went East, West and Canada.  My parents gave us a pretty good child hood.  My Dad also did summer school in Berkley and Arizona.  We actually lived in a dorm one year and my Mom was so happy to have 5 kids and get to eat in the Cafeteria every day.  No cooking!!!

This is really making me want to quit my job and go back to teaching high school English. I may have to sell a piece of land and pay off a couple of bills to afford it, but I may think real hard about it.

LB2

moonlightrunner

Good evening!

Heading out in a bit for a late evening run. I have not been out at night for a long time. It has been a beautiful day, but the photographer was here to take pictures of the property, and lots of other little things keeping me busy.

LB: I think you should GO FOR IT! One thing I have concluded after watching my parents age, have all the fun you can muster right now. If being a teacher and having your summers to enjoy life is what you crave. Do it.

You all sound like you had a great deal of fun. My family and I did not "go on vacation" in the traditional sense. My family went to horseshows every weekend in summer and fall. Usually not the fancy ones, just your basic backyard 4H show. My dad did all the heavy work, my mom was the mane and tail braider, and my sister and I showed the horses. But, every November we would go to a big show in Detroit...The Detroit Junior Livestock Show. I cant remember the name of the arena where it was, but it was an indoor sports arena of some kind. It was a big deal for me. I even placed a few times...and a few times my horse panicked in the indoor setting and I was dumped off. Such good times.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

This is really making me want to quit my job and go back to teaching high school English. I may have to sell a piece of land and pay off a couple of bills to afford it, but I may think real hard about it.

To have summers off and a long break at Christmas! Uh...yes please.  Good job for runners.  It's one, of many, reasons why I am putting myself through the pain of a doctorate - to teach and have summers off.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday