Trailer Trash

Mondailies (Read 38 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Well, the Madison area is now a balmy 2 degrees (-10 with the windchill), up from Harrier's -8F earlier this morning.  Good thing today is a SRD, however, I still have to take the dog for a walk outside.  No rest warmth for the wicked.

QOTD: I don't even watch regular movies, let alone running movies.  Smile

Running is dumb.

I think the bane of winter running is ill fitting tights.  I only went out for 2 and some change today in this beautiful 8 degree BS before I thought my upper thighs were going to fuse together and I would turn into a mermaid.

QOTD: I don't think I've ever watched a running movie.  Running books on the other hand... Don't get me started.  I'm addicted.

everybody stay warm!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I think the bane of winter running is ill fitting tights.  I only went out for 2 and some change today in this beautiful 8 degree BS before I thought my upper thighs were going to fuse together and I would turn into a mermaid.

Hehehe.    I always wear a pair of compression shorts under my tights...keeps the thighs/butt a little warmer!

Running is dumb.

Hehehe.    I always wear a pair of compression shorts under my tights...keeps the thighs/butt a little warmer!

You're on to something there.  I was contemplating suspenders.

some call me Tim

SRD for me today, and boy does the achilles need it! No creaking these days, though, which is great news.

QOTD: There are relatively few running related movies I haven't seen, and boyjame I've got those two in my Netflix queue (though I'm not expecting a whole lot). There've been some great ones and a whole lot of fodder. Top of the heap is 'Unbreakable', the story of WS 2010, but there are a lot of trail running films just being made lately. Wish I could've made it to that film festival..

Watoni

USD (unscheduled sick day) -- I refused to stop moving when everyone was sick and now I am paying the price (not running but still having to work).

QOTD: I am a sucker for running movies ....

LB2

I ran a nice 4 mile out and back after work. It was the first run of the year for me because I have been sick. I heard deer hounds running deer, so headed out to see if I could get in front of them. I got to where I thought they would cross about 2 seconds before they came out into the open. It sort of reminded me of the opening scene of Last of the Mohicans, except I wasn't shooting. Yesterday was bucks only, and these were two does. It really made the run fun, though.

QOTD: I saw the Desert Runners movie on Direct TV a couple of times. I liked it, but I don't really like the stage race format. I think some movies are okay. I saw the Prefontaine movie, but I really wasn't that interested. I want to see that movie about the 2010 or 11 running of WSER, Unbreakable. I think that would be good, but I haven't ever gotten around to getting it.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I want to see that movie about the 2010 or 11 running of WSER, Unbreakable. I think that would be good, but I haven't ever gotten around to getting it.

It was a good movie...even a non-runner would find it interesting.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Ultra Cowboy

LB2 that is alway cool to see deer...and watch/hear deer dogs work...

My next 4 week training plan is called "Back in the Saddle"  After a 6 month layoff, I have a free entry in a trail Half Marathon in April. 
                    My waist is 2 inches larger so I have a lot of work to get back in shape.

I've started bringing our husky/kelpie/border collie/? mutt on my runs. She is nice company when I don't want to leave the house...She definitely helps keep the pace up...

WYBMADIITY

Save