Trailer Trash

2013 Running Goals (Read 356 times)

Occasional Runner

Sounds good LB. I'm excited for it. Seriously...let me know in advance what you want and I'll bring some product down for you. I'm wading through the stuff.

Ultra Cowboy

Finish WTC 50k

Finish time faster than last years 50k

Have a positive effect on the people in the training group for our local trail half marathon.

Pace or crew a friend at Western States.

Feel like I don't need to run another 50k.

WYBMADIITY

Save

Weegee and I are considering Cajun Coyote for 2013 as well!  PAR-TAY!!!

Occasional Runner

Weegee and I are considering Cajun Coyote for 2013 as well!  PAR-TAY!!!

YES! Get off the fence and make it happen! That would make for a really great weekend if you guys could come down too. I could just draft off Weegee all day and snake him at the finish!

RabbitChaser

My goals:

1. Be able to run consistently.

2. Run my first 50K

3. 1500 miles of running

4. Spend more time on the trails.

1. Rocky Raccoon 100 buckle (ideally beating my Javelina Jundred time of 27:42), 26(ish) hours Shocked

2. Sub 11:15 at American River 50

3. Course PR at Watershed Preserve 12-hour (need to beat 54.86 miles)

4. Cascade Crest 100 buckle (no time goal, other than to make the 32-hour cutoff!)

5. 2400 total miles

Ummm… well at least I accomplished #4, which was the biggest goal of all! Big grin

1. No. Actually, I did achieve part of this goal; got the buckle, but I finished in 27:00

2. No, 11:22:48

3. No, 40.5 miles

4. YES!  31:39

5. No. Unless I run 400 miles this month, this ain't gonna happen.  But I might get to 2200.

Occasional Runner

Thanks for reviving this thread. I had totally forgot about it.

1. FInally go sub 24:00:00 at Leadville. NOPE! Failed once again.

2. 3500 total miles of running. YES! I'm at almost 3700 right now.

3. Top 5 finish in a 100 mile race. YES! 2nd overall at Pony Express.

4. Go sub 18:00:00 in a 100 miler. NOPE! 18:02 is my best this year but I have one more shot coming up next weekend.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

To run pain free.

That's it.

FAIL.  Sad

2013 can kiss my ass.

Running is dumb.

Weegee

Thanks for reviving this thread. I had totally forgot about it.

1. FInally go sub 24:00:00 at Leadville. NOPE! Failed once again.

2. 3500 total miles of running. YES! I'm at almost 3700 right now.

3. Top 5 finish in a 100 mile race. YES! 2nd overall at Pony Express.

4. Go sub 18:00:00 in a 100 miler. NOPE! 18:02 is my best this year but I have one more shot coming up next weekend.

1. Do whatever I can to make sure my gal has a buckle with a star and the state of Texas on it. - Check.

2. 200-miler someplace – preferably the Wonderland Trail. - Fail.

3. Badwater solo. - Fail.

4. Quit rolling my ankle so often. - Check.

[addendum, 12/1/2013]

5. Hheckle Lace_Up next weekend so as to anger up his blood and spur him to finishing his #4.  - Pending…

Oh…  Hi guys.  I'm not actually dead.  Just haven't checked in for a long long while.

Birdwell

Since everyone else is doing it

I'm still trying to sort out what I'd like to accomplish this year but so far

1. Get average MPW to 35+ FAIL!Black eye

2. Set one swimming record at the Utah Summer Games (preferably the 50 fly) FAIL! I didn't even enter due to work issues

3. Run every step of my first ultra (moab's red hot 55k) fail, but I was happy with my result, even if I did walk Smile

4. Complete the trans-zion in a single day FAIL! DNS

5. Grand Canyon r2r2r FAIL! DNS

I attribute most of my failures to a broken foot and injured knee.

2013 was the year of unwise training and a sophomore slump.

My junior year running will be better.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

2013 goals

1. Be consistent...no lazy weeks/months/seasons off - Nope...lazy 3rd quarter

2. Run the Pocono Red Marathon (Mid-may) and be well prepared (road race). Nope...never ran it 

3. Set PR's for 5k and 1/2 distances - Road races (they are all ripe for the picking right now) 5k-Yes! 1/2-No...didn't try

4. Learn every inch of trail at Palisades Interstate Park (Ft. Lee NJ) Yup...lots of miles there this year

5. Venture North on the NY Long Path...I'm thinking "epic runs" like Northern Harrier for this...might require a bus/train ride back to my car Not Really - tried it once but called for a ride home due to chaffing.
                        6. Consider beginning to start pondering the possibility of maybe thinking about looking at ultra length distance races in the fall. Yes - Ran (2) 50k and a 50 miler

7. Run 1000 miles - I hit 850 this year, but I think I should be well over 1000 next year Yes, easily- next year 1500

I really just want to make myself a strong all around runner.  Running trails is great, but I also have some road runner ambitions.  I would like to be closer to 50/50 this year, which will be tough considering the effort/travel required to get out on the trails near me. Nope - I really didn't run many road races this year

Good luck to everyone...I really enjoyed reading everyone's goals...even if it gives me a warped perspective (like...it's just a marathon, not even a 50k...just some easy road miles...only 1600' of elevation gain, etc)

Good call...I didn't remember doing this in January.  I had a great time running this year, but it doesn't really match my early year goals.

**Ask me about streaking**

1) Finish my first trail marathon (April)

2) Finish my first 50k (May)

3) Finish my 2nd 50k (TBD)

4) Finish my 1st 50 Miler (Fall, TBD)

5) Run 1800 miles in 2013

1) Done.

2) Done.

3) Done.

4) Done.

5) Nope. At 1599 right now, and not planning on 200 miles for December. 1800 was pretty arbitrary.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with how the year turned out. I have very different goals for next year though...

sugnim

OK, I'll post my minuscule goals for the year.

• Run 1,200 miles
                            • Do most of my races on trails
                            • Complete a 30K mountain race
                            • Stay healthy
                            • Have fun

1: Nope.  Not even close.  :-/

2: I only did 3 races this year, and 2 were on trails, so I suppose that counts as having made this goal.

3: Nope.  Partly due to saving money for our son who was born this October.  Smile

4: I failed at this for the first third of the year, but accomplished it for much of the rest of the year.

5: Oh, hell yeah!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

1) Had one good 50k race lace year, two bad (finished one and dropped out of other).  So repeat the good race Way Too Cool 03/09/13 and finish the DNF 50K She Rocks the Trails in June.

2) Stop getting sucked into the "ultra" experiences you all write about..as in feeling the need to go further..at least until 50k are easy.

3) More Mt Biking with the old man.

4) Never enter another road race no matter who asks.

5) Finish running the Tahoe Rim Trail by September.

6) Have fun.

In ordewr of importance... 6, 3, 4, 1, 5 and 2.

1) No, did it in about 15 more minutes.

2) No still struggle with "I am nothing if I do not run far"  still working on that.

3) This last month was good but 1/13 to 10/13 sucked.

4) successes

5) Success

6) Some success some failure. Smile

3.5 out of 6...a successful year.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Chnaiur

At the beginning of the year, my only goal was to get rid of my Achilles tendonitis and start running again. Check!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k