Trailer Trash

it's Hump Day (Read 21 times)

XtremeTaper

Hit the local trail at lunch before the high winds rolled in. Was pretty much just calm and foggy when we started, but then the rain came in various forms from drizzle to light to heavy showers and back and forth. So the Lady and I got rather doused, but I was having a good run and in my happy place.  Funny thing about the Lady on this run. The "loop" I repeat on this trail includes a short out/back portion, maybe 2/10 of a mile. We get about 50 yards from where I turn around and she just stops and stands there. I guess she doesn't get the point of continuing on to my official turn around. When I head back she gets excited though and hops around like a maniac.

QOTD: Yes, turbo tax. I used a tax guy for a few years but did not see the point of paying a couple of hundred bucks when I did all the hard work of organizing stuff. Will get a refund, but I have my withholding set high due to a fund my wife is wind that has varying disbursements from year to year, so I like to be safe.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Did 5mi at lunch.  Crystal clear and low humidity (rare around here), it was 70 deg. Early tomorrow morning it's supposed to be in the low 50s whoo hoo!!!

qotd: I do them myself, use H&R Block software (used to be called TaxCut). Our return is really simple and there's no state tax down here.  I had to pay about the same as last year, about 1,000 bucks.  Maybe I can start a business to get more deductions, "Garage Storage" I've got a ton of my DD and DS crap in there, I just have to call them customers from now on. 

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

dpc3

me 5 dog more than 5

Sue is that better?

mtwarden: looks like I'll be in eastern and central MT this May for awhile. Anything in Lewiston worth checking out?

QOTD: Yes and Yes

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sue- nice, you’re hired  

dpc3- you have the Big Snowy Mountains close by, not sure how the snow situation will play out by then, also the Judith range- should be able to find some trails to bomb around on

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

20.2 miles on the mountain. Mostly dirt road with some wide trail. Winds up to 30 MPH maybe more.

QOTD:  Turbo tax and I do them. Got a decent refund from the feds. FWIW I don't particularity  like refunds as I see it as a free loan to them.  I should be able to do a free e-file for PA but if you have any gain/loss of property you have to mail or fax the supporting documents anyway so I'll just mail everything in.  That's what happens with buying and selling stocks.  Actually owe the state some and should be about even on the locals which haven't been done yet.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

20.2 miles on the mountain. Mostly dirt road with some wide trail. Winds up to 30 MPH maybe more.

QOTD:  Turbo tax and I do them. Got a decent refund from the feds. FWIW I don't particularity  like refunds as I see it as a free loan to them.  I should be able to do a free e-file for PA but if you have any gain/loss of property you have to mail or fax the supporting documents anyway so I'll just mail everything in.  That's what happens with buying and selling stocks.  Actually owe the state some and should be about even on the locals which haven't been done yet.

This is what burns me.  If you owe money (I believe over 10% of total tax), they charge an interest penalty on what you owe and it's not the low prime rate either.  If the Government owes you money, no interest is tacked on.  I feel like I'm doing business with the mob.

Nice run today BTW!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

moonlightrunner

Headed out to the trailhead last night and was greeted by thunder and lightening. Snowing today, but just a dusting. Mandy, that would not be a sight I would want to wake up to in April! I will head out tonight...not expecting thunder snow.

Qotd: I take them to a professional. I am sure it is a waste of money...but I don't like anything that involves numbers. Need to get it done though.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Rest day today, tapering for the Napa 50k on Sat.  Mandy mentioned "weather events"... we've got one shaping up for later this week.  They're calling it a pineapple express atmospheric river, which basically means a whole lotta rain.  One the one hand, yay, we need rain in CA!  On the other hand, the race on Sat is going to be a sloppy, muddy mess.  Umm, yay?

QOTD: I do my own using Turbo Tax.  Got a few bucks back, which promptly went to non-fun things like CC bills.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR