Trailer Trash

Murky Mondaily (Read 36 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Afternoon,

OMG, I AM nauseous. I ran into a low-hanging branch this morning, which beautifully enhanced the stars, not just the ones in the sky, but everywhere. I could finish the run, but on the last 3 miles, I still saw the stars everywhere, and I felt as if I was about to pass out.

At work, I was at the edge of throwing up and could barely stand upright.

Sounds like a mild concussion to me - here we go, now I'm sure I'll be demented 10 or 20 years down the line... Black eye  Glad I'll have good company, as Trail Tromper did this before me, and even worse. Wink

It was the headlamp's fault, it kept tilting downward, so that I could not see the branch, and that's why I got attacked by that tree. I think I might file a lawsuit?

So still, it was 7.5 this morning, before sunrise. It was tough, after yesterday's 24 miles, but I made it, and I might even head out in the evening again for another 7.5 to fulfill the plan.

Jamie: Finishing up is tough, especially as things tend to never be really finished. Nice morning miles, looks like you are in the groove again!

warden: Nice social run.

T&C: Have a good rest day, or a great run!

DD2: Good to listen to your body. Enjoy the lunch run!

XT: Heat+humidity=lots of weeds. Bad here, too.

Muppy, LB2: Enjoy the rest!

sugnim: Sounds like a wonderful run for both of you!

Sandy: Have a nice rest day!

What I wanted to ask yesterday, why did your DD get pulled? This particular race seems to be especially tricky.

AT: Have a good rest day!

O2: Have a fun run later, take it easy!

Snowden: How do people run down there? It's a mystery to me, too.

T&C (2): No, San Francisco area seems to be the secret tip of the season: 55 degrees and fog on the weekend (Chnaiur reported this).

Rocky: Welcome back! Looking forward to some nice pictures!

Harrier: Nice workout.

QOTD: Comfortable is around 160. Target is above 200, rather closer to 240.

Run for fun.

sugnim

FTYC:  Ouch!  I hope you feel better soon.  I'm no expert, but I wonder if maybe you should check in with a doctor, just to be safe.  Take care!

runtraildc

good afternoon,

After a rigorous day yesterday of blueberry picking and tubing, I slept in this am.  Will get in 5 miles tonight during kids practice, as long as the weather allows them into the pool.

FTYC-- are you getting in to the dr?  I hope the nausea goes away soon!  If you get rid of the trees (or run the roads), things like  this won't happen, you know.

qotd:  I'm lower mileage, usually around 100 but May and June were light. Always happens that way every year, yet it still surprises me....

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hello, did nothing yesterday as went boating.  Plan is to get in 6 tonight but am guessing I will need to clean the boat.  That's why it's better to do the run in the AM, life doesn't get in the way.

QOTD:  I push for 125 so I get 1,500 for the year.  It's usuallyy more like 100 a week.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

sugnim- can't quite tell from the pic, but those gals look kind of familiar- did they happen to run the 50k in St Regis (Trail Rail run)?

queen- you mean 100 a month?  if you're running a 100 miles a week- I hereby boweth in front of my Queen Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Chnaiur

2 miles before weights.

QOTD: This is a ramping year for me, so I'm not in steady state yet. Hope to find that 35 mpw is comfortable in Nov-Dec, and to sustain 40 mpw next year. Last few weeks have been ~30mpw, and that is feeling good.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Sandy-2

My god Texas is HOT.

Tell me about it...  you forgot humid too, unless you're not in east TX.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Sandy-2

What I wanted to ask yesterday, why did your DD get pulled? This particular race seems to be especially tricky.

She was pulled by the Vet because her horse didn't pass some criteria they have.  In this case they didn't like the "gut sounds" which indicate that the horse is tired and not processing food and water correctly.  It took a while but after some rest, drink and food he recovered fine.  He's now home with his owner.

She went out very slowly and her team coach as well as the owner told her that she should pick up the pace as there was only 15 miles or so left to go, she told me later that she just slightly picked it up but could feel him starting to tire so she didn't push it too much.  Then a few miles later at the Vet check he was done.  The rolling hills, high temps and high humidity are very tough to contend with.  I did a 10 mile run the day before the race and told them as much.  You are right, it is tricky.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

queen- you mean 100 a month?  if you're running a 100 miles a week- I hereby boweth in front of my Queen Smile

Ahh yea...way too lazy for 125 a week!  Smile

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Imagine if they did this for humans in 100 milers!!

She was pulled by the Vet because her horse didn't pass some criteria they have.  In this case they didn't like the "gut sounds" which indicate that the horse is tired and not processing food and water correctly.  It took a while but after some rest, drink and food he recovered fine.  He's now home with his owner.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday