Trailer Trash

Recovery Mondaily (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

AT - I hope that down time helps.  Glad to hear you're still in for Montour.  It's still highlighted on my calendar, big and bold.  If you wear that hat, I'll certainly recognize you. 

That's my regular running hat. 

My "A" goal is usually to hit 100, but doubt that's gonna' happen now.  DW wants to be over 80 (or maybe 85, I can't remember) so my current plan is to run easy and rest early so I can pace her, and anyone else who need a push, late in the race.  I'd be happy with anything over 50 right now, and helping her to a 24hr PR. (she's done 113 in a 48 hr race).

Doc said rest for "2 weeks or so", I'm saying 10 days, but he might be right. There's a lot of research about immune system suppression and distance running. Usually not a huge deal unless you are trying to heal from something.

Do you have an "A"  "B"  or "C" goal?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

SRD for me.

By the way, did you guys hear that Killian Jornet broke his leg last weekend, bummer hope that doesn't mess up his Hardrock plans.

AT - I really hope the rest helps knock it out. You really need to nip it early.  My friend's son (lives outside of Binghamton, NY) has suffered for about 10 years now, he is finally turning the corner.

XT - Obviously endurance riders. My DD did the Vermont 100 on horseback once, unfortunately she got pulled at about mile 35 or so.

moonlight - there was a guy at my office who has a few dead animals on his office walls.  Really strange as hell for an office setting - I figure his wife told him "either they go or I do." Anyway he was transferred to a different location a while back.

qotd: the 100 in Sept, but I might do a 50 miler in late May. By the way I don't call them "races", more like long runs.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

SRD for me.

By the way, did you guys hear that Killian Jornet broke his leg last weekend, bummer hope that doesn't mess up his Hardrock plans.

Saw the video of his fall in the XC ski race. He was upset because they were leading the relay and he felt he let his partner down. Fractured fibula, so will be resting for a few weeks.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Do you have an "A"  "B"  or "C" goal?

As of the moment....

A - 85

B - Don't die

C - 100

Completely illogical, but is any of this stuff logical?  If I'm on pace for A goal late in the race, I might be drafting you as you pace DW.  Just hope you don't eat too much too early.  Don't want you to break the other kind of wind.    Can't believe it's less than 8 weeks away.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours