Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 35 times)

Gator eye

7 at a snails pace this morning in the wind and the rain. It was the kind of weather that makes a person feel tough.

or stupid

QOTD. MASH and Sanford & Son stick put in my mind.

NorthernHarrier

A day where most things are just going wrong. Did a get an hour around the hood this morning and if I am lucky I will have some time on the mtn. bike tonight. Way too windy for a road bike. Also intervals planned for the early hours so probably not too much beer tonight but then again...

QOTD--I am old. Not sure if I said that before.  My favorite show as a young one (yes TV was invented) was the Beverly Hillbilly's. Still funny in the old reruns.

Bonus--Favorite Robin Williams movie-- RV

runtraildc

Hi all! Hanging out in northern MN, on the edge of the boundary waters, picking blueberries and watching the eagles.  No running for the last couple of days, but getting some good hikes in.  Plan on getting a few miles in on pincusuon mtn before we head back to camp.  Came in to town to check in with DH about a fire in our garage.  Lost everything that was in there- all our sports gear, etc.

qotd: didn't watch a lot, but i loved those boys on Emergency.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I loved Mrs. Doubtfire as a kid.  Good Will Hunting as an adult, probably.  Or Dead Poets Society. Or Good Morning, Vietnam.  So many...

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

The  World According to Garp.  Loved the book and loved the movie and, for me, that doesn't happen often.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

7.5, probably all downhill today on the TM then a little weight training.

QOTD: Three's Company, The Jeffersons, Sanford and Son, MASH, Adam-12, Gilligan's Island (Ginger and Mary Ann, while the Skipper watches, in case you missed Monday's response to the QOTD 2), and Happy Days.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Still a trail runner just not running..  i'll get it going soon.

Qotd:  lot's of the shows you mentioned....but as a family I remember watching Laugh In and  Wide World of Sports.  Cartoons...my birthday was usually the week before the new cartoons came out.  I took that as a personal birthday gift to myself.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Brisk long walk in the rain today followed by a short run.

QOTD: I had quite a few favorites as a kid including The Lone Ranger, Captain Gallant, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver, Topper, and later The Mickey Mouse Club, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Maverick, Wyatt Earp, Wagon Train, Rawhide.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD- heading out tomorrow for a four day backpacking trip in the Pintlers, spinning rod is packed- hitting several high mountain lakes; we caught some monster fish three years ago

qotd: a lot of shows, but I really liked Wild, Wild West; book- really liked My Side of the Mountain-young boy surviving in the wilderness

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Last run before Saturday. It was muggy amd rainy, but still some nice 5 miles.

QOTD: We did not have TV until I was 10, so I read a lot. Pippi Longstocking and Bess and the Pony were some favorites, along with adventure stories of kids' groups, e.g. The Raven Mountain Gang. TV favorites later were Starsky and Hutch,Happy Days, The Wonder Years.

Run for fun.

LB2

Nice fish, Warden.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Hi all! Hanging out in northern MN, on the edge of the boundary waters, picking blueberries and watching the eagles.  No running for the last couple of days, but getting some good hikes in.  Plan on getting a few miles in on pincusuon mtn before we head back to camp.  Came in to town to check in with DH about a fire in our garage.  Lost everything that was in there- all our sports gear, etc.

qotd: didn't watch a lot, but i loved those boys on Emergency.

So sorry to hear of this disaster. Hope the insurance company doesn't make you a victim a 2nd time. In my former life I dealt with insurance companies and adjusters as part of the gig. Just make sure to remember those Zeiss binoculars that melted along with that nice camera, those Big Agnes expedition sleeping bags, the Garmin Oregon, and all that other real expensive stuff that just vaporized due to the intense heat. You remember all stuff, right? Right?