Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 37 times)

Sandy-2

I plan to do 5 or 6 miles later today.  Today I am doing some stuff to get ready to head back to Korea on Thursday (tomorrow I have to spend the whole day at the office).  One of those things is filling out a huge questionnaire so that an accounting company can do my international taxes, the damn questionnaire is worse than doing my US taxes.  Torture.

qotd: Yes. I was out of it at about mile 60 and looking up at the next "hill" at Hardrock, ready to call it a day.  But my DD wouldn't let me drop so I "negotiated" a little nap. After my quick nap I trudged off and up the little "hill", Handies, a 14er.  I would later DNF at mile 85.

(Wow, that reminds me, I really should finish my HR100 report one of these days...  Wink.  

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

boyjame -  I will post some soon on my blog I think, just trying to get back into the swing of working this week Smile

AT - No, most nights we were so whooped from snowboarding that we made dinner at our condo and went to bed early. The one restaurant we went to was Mustang, which was good but overpriced. It was my first time at altitude as well, pretty exhausting!

LB2 - we are planning a big CO/UT trip next spring or summer so we can see many of the national parks. I told my husband that's something I NEED to do before having kids  Cannot wait to go back!

runtraildc

Got in 6 miles in the light rain.  Half on the paved biker-hiker trail that was still mostly covered in ice and slush.  Made for slow going.  After the very beautiful last couple of days, I was expecting it to be in better shape.  Hopefully today's rain will help out.

qotd:  I'm a half-marathoner (or less) so I keep my napping and running separate (so far).  The idea of taking a nap on the side of the trail sounds pleasant, though, but maybe under different circumstances than a 100M.

XtremeTaper

10 miles for me yesterday in a 5/5 double. The 5 after work was more like slip and slide due to the snowy slushy trail conditions. Today, ran a fairly pleasing 8 miles on the road into town and back. Felt a bit creaky at first but the last few miles felt solid.

QOTD: Nope, never napped. I've ran three 100 milers and have sat at that aid station early in the morning with my drop back getting things together for the final haul while a few guys are conked out in a chair right next to me. I've never had the urge though. I've always felt wide awake and ready to move on down the trail.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Watoni

Washed the bikes so will try to get up to Skyline before the rain hits .... tired today somehow, and need to figure out a new handlebar position on the one bike (it goes to 11 speed now, but it ate my favorite hand position on the bar).

QOTD: No, but I have only run one 100-miler, so we will see

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

7.5 miles, just up and down the lane and through the hood. DD ran 3 miles with me, that was the fun part. Actually, she got me out and going in the morning, all of a sudden standing there, all dressed and ready, while I was still sporting pajamas.   It will take me some time to get used to having someone in the house who is at least as motivated to get outside as I am. I always had to nag and convince her to come with me, now she's kicking my azz. I should have recognized the early signs, e.g. when she was going for a run on her own, in zero degree weather...

T&C: sounds great. Good thing to do before kids, wise decision.

Sandy: still looking forward to that RR. Don't want to put more stress on you, but...

QOTD: No. During OC100, I did not have the urge to lie down, never even sat down. At ES100, I became very tired after having accidentally taken 4Tylenol PM's, and I would have loved to just lie down beside the trail. But I was haunted by cutoff times, even though I was plenty ahead, so I did not allow myself to take a nap. At that point, due to the drug effects, I probably would never have woken up in time, and even less likely continued after a nap.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I took one of these on a red eye flight and barely remember walking through the Chicago Airport!!  I don't know how you keep going!!!!   Dud you think they were regular aspirins?

. At ES100, I became very tired after having accidentally taken 4Tylenol PM's, and I would have loved to just lie down beside the trail. But I was haunted by cutoff times, even though I was plenty ahead, so I did not allow myself to take a nap. At that point, due to the drug effects, 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Yes, when my knees were hurting very badly, I found four Tylenols in my backpack, which I had not even been aware of. I just took them, thinking they were the regular ones, only to realize later that they were "pm"'s from my husband's supply.

I was wondering about their color, but I had never taken "pm"'s before, nor even looked closely at them, so I did not really pay any attention, nor read what was printed on them.

I somehow must have taken the wrong bottle when - one day in the past, don't even remember ever packing them - I put them in my backpack. 

Run for fun.