Trailer Trash

Windy Wednesday (Read 12 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Holy S*#& it's cold n windy outside.   Instead of an outside run I hit the gym early this morning.  I just could not deal with that wind.  Was 21 out with a wind child in the single digits.

QOTD: Are you hitting your running goals for 2017? And thoughts on running goals for 2018? What about any non running goals?

I have hit my goal of running everyday.  While my mileage was overall low, I have been able to run every single day which I had never done before.  I do plan on increasing my mileage goal for 2018 and hit a few races while not continuing the streak.  Other goals - finish my dissertation but that was my goal for 2017 and did not happen. But if I cannot get it done in 2018, I have bigger problems.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Crap I feel tired, sore and beat up. Really need a Monster Rehab but I've been trying to cut that crap out because I think it messed with my stomach.  Ran the chainsaw some yesterday and that's why I'm sore. Gotta do more strength training.

With the wind and cold I was thinking of driving out to the gym but decided to wait until this afternoon and see how miserable it is outside. Cold isn't so bad it's the dang wing. Right now it's calm but was blowing up to 30 mph on my back deck for awhile.

QOTD:  I'll miss my goal of 1200 miles. Might make 1050. Really slacked off the past several months.

Goals for 2018? Probably around 1200 miles again. AT this time planning on three races.  Delaware triple crown, or whatever the name was changed to, the end of April. Montour 24 in May and I finally get off to do Rothrock in June  Jumping for joy animated emoticon.      After that I'm not really sure but I'd like to do a fall race. Also want to travel around the state and hit some of the long rail trail systems on the bike. That was actually partly suggested by DW.  So maybe one goal should be to get strong enough on the bike that I can keep up with her.

AT-runner

Tim

Brought plenty of wind gear for a run at lunch today. I'll probably stay off the wooded trails on the Battlefield due to the high winds.

QOTD:    It's never really a goal for me anymore, I just run what I know I need to run (or feel like running). I was ahead of pace for 2400 miles until knee set back. Should be over or close to 2000 miles.  Knee feels 99% better (I'm afraid to say "all healed" and jinx myself) so January will ramp up again.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I may attempt to run after work today.  We'll see.

QOTD: I should make my (modified) biking goal of 2500 miles this year.  I thought I might be able to hit 3000 for a while there, but then my hips went all wonky and I lost about 6 weeks this fall of prime biking weather.  And now it's winter.  So 2500 is now to the new goal.  I'm one bike ride away!

Running goals for 2018 include being able to run at all.    This year was my lowest running year ever by a A LOT.  I ran more the year I started, I ran more the year(s) I injured my hip, I ran more the year I had surgery, I ran more the year I went through a lot of rehab.  I basically didn't run this year.  It sucked.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Seems like many of us eastern folks are having a gym day. That's my plan, too. A jaunt on the treadmill, plus some rowing and strength.  On the plus side of this wind and cold is that it is super sunny out. Not just sunny, but the sky is deep blue and the air crisp and clean. Just walked back from the auto shop and it's quite beautiful out (if you're out of the wind).

qotd: I didn't have any hardset goals, except a last quarter of the year streak (Sept to New Years), but that got siderailed by getting sick and losing momentum. I started back up the week before Thanksgiving and should end fine. I'm happy overall with my running, so that's a good place to end the year.

Sandy-2

Another rest day for me. But I guess I should mention that I have been stretching and using the roller-stick, which helps a lot, the last few days and I'll do that again after work today.  I may also take a little walk around the block tonight and look at the Christmas lights.  My neighbor has one of those spot lights with the dots on his house and some of them are hitting our garage - my question - can I count that as my decorations? 

Mandy, I really hope that 2018 is better.

qotd: I am a little bit over my 2000 mi goal and I did two 100 milers this year so I guess you could say I'm all set. I'd like to do the same for next year, most importantly doing Bear in September (I'm gonna need to do some decent training for that one.)

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 5.5 mile run in yesterday evening (DW and Tiny E went out earlier); probably 3-4 miles this evening

qotd: normally my goal is in the 1500-ish range and I usually make it or come awfully close, this year I decided to set a trail mile goal of 2000 and include hiking, hunting, snowshoeing miles.

I’ll be a little short of 2000, but close. My running miles have decreased from 1500-ish to a 1000-ish, I don’t see that changing in the upcoming year, so I’ll shoot for 2000 trail miles again next year. Race wise roughly the same as this year- probably 4-5.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √