Trailer Trash

Fridailes (Read 32 times)

Snowdenrun

Morning/Afternoon.

Went out on the boat yesterday with 4 other boats to subsistence fish for sockeye salmon. We're guessing we were about a week to late and the salmon run had already happened. There were thousands of pink salmon, but few sockeye. Eventually we ended up dip-netting in the river and just throwing the pink's back and keeping the sockeye. Then the trip home was interesting. There is nothing like being caught out in ocean water chop and having your motor die multiple times. Eventually we were towed in by another boat in our group.

QOTD: Never really been that interested in sports. The only thing I "follow" is the Olympics.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

We will see. I don't know what I will have time for after work today, not too worried about it though.

I'm guessing it will include a beer.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Long day at work, but I got in 9.5 miles before, around sunrise. I could afford to come home rather late (by 7 a.m.), so it was fun getting strange looks from people out there who saw my headlamp (I had started out in the pitch-black night).

It was hard, and I was tired all along, and when I came home, I realized it had been around 72F and 100% humidity - oh, that's why. The drizzle had felt good, but there was not one other runner out there in the "rain", and at work, I had to hide a smile when a woman complained that she could not get her 30-minute run in today because of the drizzle. I could understand if it had been freezing cold, but hey, it was warm, and you'd have gotten wet from sweating anyway!

TT: Welcome back! I'll read your report tonight, thanks!

Sandy: I'm following your DD, too. Great job she's doing out there!

QOTD: Not really. I "follow" the Tour de France or the Giro by reading articles in the online newspapers, and occasionally, I follow a trail race when I know someone who is running it (like some of the 100-milers here).

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Sandy, I just read the comments of your DD's race in yesterday's daily. Tough to keep up when she's not feeling well. I guess while one can squeeze through 100 miles in a trail race neglecting some of the basic hygiene, it adds up in a multi-day race, and disaster may strike. I hope she's feeling better again, and the weather will improve!

Those memories are indeed priceless. And it is hard to adjust to a "normal" life afterwards again - how can you explain to someone what it feels like to ride through the Mongolian desert, or in Arabia, or on the WS trails, maybe for several days, camp out under the stars all alone, be the leader (or winner) in an international world-class race, and push through some tough situations where you actually may even have doubted yourself you'd make it out of there unharmed? Those memories shape your mind and character for life.

Run for fun.

LB2

I'm guessing it will include a beer.

You were right. I went to get gas at the Shell station; the Vietnamese owner told me a few weeks ago, "American IPA, very, very soon.'" Well, he got the Stone IPA in, and he told me, "Very expensive." It wasn't bad at $9.99. Besides, I got paid today. I appreciate the west coast IPA's, Sue. Thanks. Anyway, I made it home and skipped along the trail for 6.5 miles, and I had a couple. Now, I am watching "Strike Back" on Cinemax. It's a free weekend. And I do like that show. As for the run, it was very good. But I need to be running that pace for three hours to be where I want to be. I'll be there soon.

Oh, and the owner keeps the good stuff inside the cooler where no one else can get to it. I suspect the former mayor got free beer, but he drank Coors Light. I don't want special favors. I'll pay, but it is nice to know it is there waiting for me.

LB2