Trailer Trash

Scorching Sundailies (Read 25 times)

No run today.  I rowed on the concept 2 erg in the air conditioning this morning instead.

I haven't been checking in because I haven't been running.  Recently I have done a few hikes, ridden the bike a bit, and done some rowing.  Marley has been taking it easy, but she doesn't seem to mind much since she hates the heat.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Going through the morning routine before heading out for 27. We are getting dropped off so it will be a point to point run. No Earl today, don't fell like carrying extra water for him.....need to get him a pack.

Qotd:

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD for me. Survived the Beaverhead 55k, barely.  It was the toughest course I've run, Al said he needs a day to process it, but concedes it may be for him as well

TT- sorry about the heat 

Sue- I have to say impressed with your long runs of late!  I don't think you need to put off signing up for a race

qotd: go to post race meal?  mine usually consists of a overly large cheeseburger, fries and a couple of frothy pints- found a nice brewery in Salmon to satisfy the above

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I intended on 10 this morning but due to school work crunch this weekend and possibly week might be a wash.  I am 3.5 years into my program, should be hitting my dissertation phase later this year, but I am super unmotivated.  Got to get some here soon.

TT - good to see you again.

Sue - hope this LR gives you some answers to you race question.  Mostly, I hope you enjoy it.

Warden - cannot wait to hear the details and maybe see some pics.

QOTD: I don't really have a go to but I have craved the cheeseburger thing big time after the longer races.  Generally I just crave calories and something warm to eat.

BTW: Jurek is within 10 miles of the end of his journey.  He should finish by mid day or early afternoon.  All I can think of is how relieved he will be to be done, and Jenny too!

Have a great Sunday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Morning trailers.  Just got back from dropping 2 oldest kids off at the airport.  Always sad to say goodbye.  Had a great party for DW's 50th yesterday. 2 1/2 bushels of crabs plus other assorted foods.  She had a great time.

I slipped out yesterday morning for a short run in the woods.  Was nice and humid early on and I was breaking spider webs the whole time. Might rest today or run later, I'm beat.

Saw Jurek will finish a few hours ahead of JFD's time.  Said he really had some stomach issues a week ago and slowed him down.

Warden and NH - hope race went well.  Will be looking forward to RR's.

QOTD:  I don't know if I have a go-to meal, I usually eat what looks good.  I had Mexican food after our 24hr and a burger after R2R2R run. A cold beer is always party of the mix.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

2.5 miles into my trail run, I heard a pop and then 'ouch!'.  Good news (for me) is that it wasn't me, but bad news it was one of my friends.  It wasn't one of those ankle rolls that rights itself in a few minutes, at least enough to run out on, but probably a break.    I know this trail really well, so we were able to backtrack a little to get the easier way out and moved slowly.  Her DH came out and met us towards the end (with crutches) and she's getting it xrayed.

It was basically one of my greatest trail fears, getting injured, but thankfully she wasn't alone,  we weren't far from the trail head, it was daylight and the weather was great (cool here, TT).

qotd:  After a really hard, hot race, nothing tastes better to me than a large fountain coke with lots of ice.  Other than that, I don't have a standard recovery/celebration meal.

And glued to Scott Jurek's tracker!  So glad to see he's going to make it!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Worked early, and had a nice 2nd breakfast, so I'm waiting for everything to settle, and will be heading out for a few mountain miles soon. Weather is nice, cool and cloudy (almost too cool for my liking, but anyway). Should be a nice run - hopefully the mosquitoes won't be too pesky.

TT: Nice workout, change of pace.

Queen: 27 is definitely a long run. What is holding you back from running a race?

warden: Congrats, sounds like a good run on a tough course. Waiting for the RR!

Jamie: How about just sticking out that rough patch - it will be worth it!

AT: That much protein should result in a nice fast pace!

traildc: Now that sounds painful. Glad it wasn't you, but I feel sorry for your friend. I hope it's not quite as bad, and will heal up soon again!

QOTD: Nothing specific. I usually eat well during the run (I've run only 100-milers recently, no shorter races where I wouldn't eat that much), and therefore I'm not really hungry after finishing, nor do I need to catch up on calories. I prefer foods high in carbohydrates and protein, and I always like something Mexican. Now come to think of it - DH still owes me my Nachos that I earned by finishing OC a couple years ago! 

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Morning,

As warden mentioned we completed Beaverhead. I am still trying to wrap my brain around it as it was very, very tough. Imagine a section that is 4.6 miles long taking 3 hours.The "trail" going thru rolling scree where every rock was moving underfoot and a 2000' cliff six inches to your right. Oh yeah, 40-50 mph winds that want to blow you over said cliff. Pretty cool really but very tough. I think I struggled a little with the altitude this time but managed to work thru it. Great scenery, good race organization, sadistic race directors , but I think this was one I won't have to do again. Whew!  I was in rough shape last night. No broken bones and no puking anyway so that is good. And warden is indeed the mountain man. Now off to some other mountains for an easy backpack adventure.

Blarg-- saw yesterday where you mentioned Devil's path. Awesome! I have had that high up on my life list for years but just can never put it together. Have fun.

QOTD- Normally a big burger or pizza would be great but last night I was thinking that whatever I might eat may not stay down. A little uncharacteristic for me. Man, I was beat.

some call me Tim

I got my revenge at dawn!! after last weekend's failure I hit the same course... just shy of 24 miles and 2000ft of vert on country roads with no fuel. Crashed a bit after, of course, but it went really well. No signs of bonking and very little pace creep.

Yes, I am also looking forward to some race reports Big grin

Queen, sounds like a great adventure!

qotd: ditto on whatever looks good... because it *always* turns out to be really, really incredible. I was thinking this morning while 'replenishing' that one of the things I love about ultra is that is brings enjoyment of food to a level unmatched by anything except perhaps a few experiences with giant veggie burritos while on acid during my misspent youth.

mta: I see a bit of race report came in while I was typing. NH, sounds harrowing! I'm curious about struggles with altitude, which I've never experienced, but then it's not necessarily something I'm chasing down :-) And yeah, Devil's Path... the Manitou course uses the portion over Indian Head which sounds, uh, fun? Anyway it's pretty far out still... hoping that we'll be able to put it together for next summer.

runtraildc

Congratulations to MT and Harrier!  And it means something when both of you say it was tough.   I hope you got pics, MT.  I don't think we've ever had a real Al viewing here.

SRD for me. Survived the Beaverhead 55k, barely.  It was the toughest course I've run, Al said he needs a day to process it, but concedes it may be for him as well

Daydreamer1

Legs are feeling tired after yesterday's run. 12.5 miles with a little over 4000' of climbing.  Looks like a bike ride is in the works for today. I'll start out doing about 15 with DW, then if I'm feeling good I'll do some more on my road bike by myself.

TT - good to see you posting even if you aren't running.

Queen - Doing 27  sounds like perfect training for a 50 miler.

Warden and NH - Congratulations on surviving another Montana expedition.

Jamie - I can relate to not being motivated for school work.

AT - Did those crabs come from the Chesapeake, or where they shipped in?  I've heard that the bay has fallen on hard times in regards to oystering and crabbing.

Runtrail - I cringe every time I hear someone describe rolling their ankles.  I just really hate that snap, crackle, pop sound .

FTYC - I like this weather. You must really love the hot, hot stuff.

Blarg - Giant veggie burritos while on acid ?  Hmmmm. Sound very interesting.

QOTD:  Can't say I really have one. If my stomach is working OK I really love the Barbequed Chicken that some of the races around here have. Otherwise it doesn't really matter too much.

moonlightrunner

Wow! Busy thread this morning! I ran 7.2 with the run buddy this morning. First run since my catastrophic toe injury on Wednesday. I wore my Vivo's instead of 5 fingers because the toe is swollen and extremely pressue sensitive. It hurt...but was manageable. I might try to run another 5 later on in 5 fingers and see if I can tolerate it.

TT: good to hear about you and Marley. Hear sucks...but you have great winter weather to look forward to.

Queen: 27 miles and you have doubts about racing????

Harrier and Warden: I am eager to hear all about your adventure!

Runtrail: hope your friend is ok. I hope it is not a fracture.

FTYC: hope you have great moutain miles. I am jealous of your runs with elevation changes.

AT: it must be hard to say goodbye. I got to say goodbye to my grand kids today..they went with their granfather (my ex) and his wife. They cried, and I felt bad...but they will be back tonight. I am lucky they are close...ok..sometimes the same apartment feels a bit too close! But I will take it.

Qotd: what little experience I have with longer distances (none recent) I find I am too nauseated to eat right away, and food did not look good to me for quite a while.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

AT-runner

Tim

AT - Did those crabs come from the Chesapeake, or where they shipped in?  I've heard that the bay has fallen on hard times in regards to oystering and crabbing.

Good ole Chesapeake Bay blue crabs.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My run was really good and my running spirits are up again....so I am definitely in for my first 50 miler in a 2 weeks.  I guess since last weeks run was fueled with a week of overeating and drinking I was lacking the energy I needed.  We had perfect weather this am...  Thank's for all the nice shoutouts.   

NH and MTW:  a 3 hour 4.6 wow!!!  Can't wait to hear the details.

QOTD:  Prerace is usually pizza...post race I usually dream of a burger but no longer it red meat but a chicken burger is still good.  But beer is always on the pre race menu.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄