Trailer Trash

Black Fridaily! (Read 38 times)

Occasional Runner

Happy post-turkey day to you all!

I had an awesome 10 miler down to the beach and back. Averaged a 7:30 pace with negative splits the whole way. It felt effortless. I love running at sea level.

QOTD: Will you be shopping today?

I need to go out and buy more beer and I'm considering a tattoo, but I won't be shopping in the way that most people will be today.

sugnim

Good morning.  I'm still full.  We have more freezing fog today and it is currently 19 degrees out, but I will get out there for at least a couple of miles at some point today.  I'm trying to do a holiday running streak, ha ha.

QOTD: No.  It seems ironic to give thanks for what you have one day and then run out on the next day to gobble up more as though you don't have enough.  I'm happy at home with family and leftovers.

Lace: Post pics of the new tattoo when you get it!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Post Thanksgiving blues....actually I am still fighting this stupid cold that is affecting me more than I have been in a long time.  But I am at work and feeling a tad better.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  No running.

QOTD: No unless you count ordering yourself a pair of running shoes shopping.  Smile

Have a great black friday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I will probably take Bella for a nice hike today, if I can find a park that doesn't allow all the deer hunters.  I think I am safe in county parks.

QOTD: I will not be spending any money today.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  Will get on 6 miles in on Mt Jumbo, will also take my grandson up to the L, he climbed the M yesterday,

qotd: no shopping for me Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

sugnim

Will get on 6 miles in on Mt Jumbo, will also take my grandson up to the L, he climbed the M yesterday,

It's a good time to get up there since it's only open to humans for a few more weeks before the elk move down to feed!

AT-runner

Tim

Just a few miles today for me and DW.  We are meeting someone for lunch and then a friends 65th birthday party tonight.

QOTD:  I need a new vehicle, but won't shop for it today.  My Honda Ridgeline is in need of some major work (after only 185,000 miles).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

An easy 5 for the pooch and me this morning.

QOTD: No shopping for me today.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning!  an easy day planned for me-- I'll get out later this afternoon for a few miles.  Hopefully I can convince younger DS to join me.  I'm trying for a streak thru the holidays.  We'll see how it goes. not working should help (in theory).

qotd:  no shopping, except for a few groceries.

Happy Black Friday to everyone.  DH and did a short run in Purisima yesterday with our RC.  Probably just walking today and then medium run tomorrow.

QOTD: A local trail racing outfit is offering 20% off race registrations today.  I will bite.  So yes, I guess I'm shopping.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

valerienv

Thread killer ..

We went down and ran with the local club , today was the drawing for the club's WS spot ( it runs the Foresthill Aid Station and gets a spot to give away ) . I've been a bit sick the last couple days and could only manage 7 miles .

QOTD : No ,I  just don't care for the crowds .

Daydreamer1

I realized today that I haven't run in a week. But it's not like I'm sitting around I've just been too busy to get out for a long run so I've been hopping on the bike trainer and elliptical for short hard workouts.

QOTD: I never go into a store on black Friday or the Saturday after, unless it's something like a hardware store or building supply. I refuse to participate in the craziness that surrounds Christmas shopping.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run, just work all day. More on tap for tomorrow. Sad But hopefully I'll get a run in after work, I'm looking forward to a few miles in the snow!

I am a bit tired, which prevented me today from getting up early and running a few miles before work. I drove back the 4 hours yesterday after dinner at my SIL's. The dinner was wonderful, despite DS falling into a potted cactus (yes, the guy with the stitches...). He emerged unharmed, though, but I might throw out that shirt with the thousands of tiny prickers in it. Maybe I'll get him an "Under Armour" shirt instead - and an armour as well!

lace: Nice pace!

sugnim: Your holiday streak is inspiring, but I don't think I'll make it.

Jamie: New wheels, yay!

Mandy: Hope your dog took you out on a nice walk!

warden: Sounds like a fun adventure time!

AT: Way to go - lunch and dinner parties are more fun with a run before them! Wink

TT: Your track record is quite impressive. Glad to hear your four-legged partner is well and happy again!

traildc: Maybe you can convince your DS by stressing the importance of a few recovery miles. Oh wait, wait, he's YOUNG, so... Wink

Gatsby: RC runs are always great social and workout times!

valerie: Does one have to be physically there to be a member of your RC (just thinking of that WS spot...)?

DD1: Cardio training, eh? Sounds fair.

QOTD: No, just all work on this extended holiday weekend. I leave the shopping to my extended family and just enjoy the results.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Black Friday

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200944480646362&set=a.4680903592673.1073741825.1596304038&type=1&theater

Here's my black Friday..aka the jeep is black.  Went jeeping and found some great roads we haven't been on before.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄