Trailer Trash

Not quite the weekend Thursday (Read 36 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I meant to get up this morning and run.  But since I have not been running and have no races that I plan on doing, it's way too easy to stay in the nice warm bed.  So...try again tomorrow...maybe.

runtrailsdc - rest it and get better! Hope for the best.

ATrunner - I was looking at a tent camper last year.  Did not take he plunge due to knowing we wanted to buy a bigger house this year(needing to put money into fixing up current home).  But I still want one.  Can you give me a description and pictures of the tent camper? Maybe I would be interested (dependent on our house selling/buying situation this year).

QOTD: I bought a pair of Hokas in November.  I have run in them only a few times.  I do not regret it because my lack of running in them has nothing to do with the shoes.  But hopefully I will get plenty of use of them in the months ahead.  Otherwise, no regrets.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

Hi all. I planned on 8 but cut things short at 6, these ice covered roads are taking there toll on my calfs.

QOTD: Only running related regrets are a pair of sunglasses that fog the moment they touch my nose and a UD belt the rubs my skin the wrong way.

SillyC

2.1 miles on the treadmill today.    I hadn't planned on running - my foot is hurting after PT yesterday.  But I went to the gym to lift.  I really hate lifting.  And I got fed up with lifting, so I decided to spend the rest of my time on the treadmill.  I didn't much enjoy the treadmill either.  I'm just a ray of freakin' sunshine these days.

qotd - I do NOT like the amphipod handheld I purchased.  I bought it to replace that Nathan POS that everyone has and hates a little bit.  That Nathan one served me well, but the amphipod chafed my palms!  It's funny how individual handheld preference is!  My friend came to stay with me, and he was using the Ultraspire Isomeric bottle.... which HE couldn't stand but I now love.  Though the amphipod didn't go to waste as my husband likes it.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm sorry to hear that, traildc Sad  On a stupid bright side, stress fractures are typically pretty straight forward to heal.

Today I did 6 minutes on the trainer.  My ROM is better than yesterday and the bike was less scary today.

QOTD: Not really.  I use most of the gear I buy, with the exception of some water bottles and super old hydration packs.  But I am not a Nathan handheld fan...stupid things don't clamp down tight enough on my hands.

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Qotd: I bought a clip on metronome when I first started running so I could make sure I had a cadence of 180...boy that thing was annoying.  I used it twice. It now resides at the bottom of my running gear box.

I sometimes take my metronome that I use for playing the violin along. It makes a "tic-toc" sound, always "tic-toc-tic-toc-tic-toc". When I take it, I know what I'm getting myself into (after all, I use it with the violin fairly often), so I love that "tic-toc" pacing me. It's a mental game, I know.

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

But I am not a Nathan handheld fan...stupid things don't clamp down tight enough on my hands.

Mandy, have you tried the velcro solution that I described and pictured in some previous thread? It works well for me.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Did a nice 3 mile "instant run" this morning.  Had to go in to work a little early so I didn't have much time.

qotd: Not really, I used to wear a waist thing that held a large bottle, but found that I much preferred handhelds.  I think the waist thing got thrown out.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL