Trailer Trash

12-12-12 Daily (Read 247 times)

skeene07

Dirty Girl

How do you guys respond to  everyone in one post?! It won't let me scroll to the first page and I forget what I want to say to people by the time I get to the second page!! Geez...

Oh, and lace up, it's people like you that get me in trouble! I stuck to the 12k and am still pain free Joking

Can you tell I am SUPER paranoid these days?!

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

Sandy-2

Hi Everyone,

I think I have finally caught up with my 2 weeks out of the office.  Sheeeesh...  (I was going to use a little stronger word, but I don't want MM to pounce on me...)

Did a tempo 5 miler this evening.  Felt good to push the pace a bit, nice and cool, even broke out the handheld light for the 2nd half.  I think I'll be ready for that 5k in a few weeks.

qotd:  Took my Dept out for our traditional year-end lunch, but that was already in the plan.  The only other thing I did was to date everything 12/12/12 today,  pretty exciting I know.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

How do you guys respond to  everyone in one post?! It won't let me scroll to the first page and I forget what I want to say to people by the time I get to the second page!!

I open a second window for responses only.  That's why I rarely give personals on the weekend since at home I only have one screen...at work two.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

skeene, Queen: It also works if you start on the first page, and when you are done there, copy what you have written, go to the next page, paste in the text, and continue. A bit cumbersome, but it works, too, and even with just one screen.

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hello all and happy twelvesday!

7 miles today at lunch on my town loop run. Decent enough run at first but then my stupid hip/back hit me about 4 miles into the run so it was sort of an annoying finish. Oh well. Does anyone else love catching the whiff of dryer vents on brisk chilly days? Love that smell. You can almost feel the warmth. Running through a local neighborhood today I caught a nice whiff of that smell. I hit town right around noon and was serenaded by some church bells as I ran up Walnut street. Pleasant sound and they kind of echoed off of cemetery hill in an interesting fashion.  More stretching and foam rollering later today.

QOTD: Hmm. I had not thought of a celebration for today. Perhaps a twelve-pack? Who am I kidding. I can't do that anymore.

I also like smelling the smell of dryer sheets, or fabric softener, that comes out of the vents. But in summer, it can make me nauseous.

And in my village, we have church bells that chime, too. I usually catch those on Sundays when I do "speedwork" on the only flat loop within 15 miles, near my neighborhood. I love listening to the melody, and trying to reach certain landmarks before the next melody starts.

Somehow the chimes remind me of Austria and Bavaria: In Bavaria, the church bells might strike even every 15 minutes, telling the time (not so great if you live right next to a church, but after a few weeks, you get used to it and don't wake up any more when they ring in the night), and they ring quite long on Sundays for Mass (usually late morning, and then at noon again).

And in Austria, a siren (most houses, except single family homes, have a siren on the roof, a relict from WW2, and still supposed to warn in case of a disaster or emergency) goes off on Saturdays at noon. When I was a child, this would signify the closing of all stores for the weekend, and I knew the weekend had started.

Strange, how sounds (and sometimes smells) can bring back childhood memories (which I am more fond of than those memories that lace_up mentioned!).

Run for fun.

skeene07

Dirty Girl

skeene, Queen: It also works if you start on the first page, and when you are done there, copy what you have written, go to the next page, paste in the text, and continue. A bit cumbersome, but it works, too, and even with just one screen.

Thanks!

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!